11-14 Triumph Rocket III Roadster NGK Iridium IX Spark

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL the part they sell is a pack of 4; if you input qty 6 into the little box on the webpage i'll bet you'll get 24 spark plugs in the mail :roll:

Again if these dudes are selling 4 plugs for a bike that needs 6, they're either not tuned in to what the Rocket needs on a fundamental level (which means they can't be trusted in their indication of these plugs being good for Rockets), or they want you to buy 2 sets (8 plugs) in order for you to get your requisite 6 hence more $$ for them.

Either way i wouldn't be buying off them :thumbsup:
you're really spinning on this quantity let me break it down for you; i ordered ONLINE one 4 pack and Another order for qty 2 single plugs yielding 6 total..:sleep:

Funny karma I guess. After buying my 2013 new, a year or so later, I heard about the "Upgrade Kits" so I bought one. Had sooo many parts in it, I ordered a second one. Then took some bashing for hoarding the kits. Well, as it turns out, I now own my 2013, and "2" 2005's. The "Upgrade Kits" come with 6 plugs and plug wires. Used them on my last 05 tuneup. I can't remember the numbers, but I think they went down one number, in the heat range. (cooler)

I got mine pretty early in the rush. I think I paid around $200 each from Bike Bandit. Second kit still sealed in it's box. BUT, neither of my 2005's have had any upgrades, cept for the Jardine system, K&N's and a Barnett clutch on one. You can definitely tell there is a difference in parts between the years. My 2013 shift's like butter, compared to the 2, 05's.

Nice. I have one also. It was priced at $209 in the early days of it. I get a nice discount on my purchases at my local triumph dealer. I paid $177 for mine. I have only used the spark plugs and wires from my kit.

Iridium plugs have higher resistance and reduce the potential power of the spark. There is no benefit for the Rocket using Iridium. Stick with the normal NGK plugs.

Ya, I tried the Iridium's and could definitely feel the difference toward the negative side - even would cut out slightly @ higher end.......... swapped em back out for the OEM's 1 week later

you're really spinning on this quantity let me break it down for you; i ordered ONLINE one 4 pack and Another order for qty 2 single plugs yielding 6 total..:sleep:

that's wonderful. my point is that website doesn't inspire confidence.
now you have 6 plugs can you tell us what the plug code is please?

Last edited:
that's wonderful. my point is that website doesn't inspire confidence.
now you have 6 plugs can you tell us what the plug code is please?
sorry can't answer that one mate; dealership has plugs will attempt to ship them back to sixity we'll see if they accept as it has been many months pass by really appreciate everyone's input sounds like a 'nothing burger' sorry to use that political term but it fits here. Pick it up tomorrow can't wait i'm sure it will run 'tuned up'

pint time

Last edited:
Iridium plugs have higher resistance and reduce the potential power of the spark. There is no benefit for the Rocket using Iridium. Stick with the normal NGK plugs.
You couldn't be anymore wrong! If you don't know what you're talking about, at least don't make **** up about something you know nothing about for the sake of people looking for facts not opinions! I don't care how old this post is it's still false information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back