11-14 Triumph Rocket III Roadster NGK Iridium IX Spark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
wanted to pass on the following information now i know many of you are probably running these in yours with no issues and have done mods again with no issues but wanted to pass on the following intel. Bike is ready for pickup approx. 599 on her long overdue 20k service at 23,600 miles brought two jugs of Motul 7100 10-40w no issue there along with 6 of these plugs. Well- called local dealership and they mentioned they were specifically told by Triumph to NOT install these as they can/tend to run too hot for the pistons.

Standing down on these plugs; engine is already incredibly powerful law of diminishing returns is upon us folks.. we already have the strongest motor of any bike do we really need to overlymod it resulting in issues down the road.

I think not the only thing i wish is maybe it sounded like a harley but that isn't going to happen even with mods and money invested

I trudge on

Used the Iridium plugs years ago and never noticed one bit of difference never used them again, some people are perfectly happy with the bike staying stock and nothing wrong with that, now having the strongest engine of any bike hmmmmmmmmmm:eek::D

wanted to pass on the following information now i know many of you are probably running these in yours with no issues and have done mods again with no issues but wanted to pass on the following intel. Bike is ready for pickup approx. 599 on her long overdue 20k service at 23,600 miles brought two jugs of Motul 7100 10-40w no issue there along with 6 of these plugs. Well- called local dealership and they mentioned they were specifically told by Triumph to NOT install these as they can/tend to run too hot for the pistons.

Standing down on these plugs; engine is already incredibly powerful law of diminishing returns is upon us folks.. we already have the strongest motor of any bike do we really need to overlymod it resulting in issues down the road.

I think not the only thing i wish is maybe it sounded like a harley but that isn't going to happen even with mods and money invested

I trudge on

Can you post the plug code up here?

DPR7EA9 were the factory plugs in my 2010 Roadster.
I believe Rockets used to come with 8's (a colder plug) but they changed to 7's after a couple years (by Sept 07 at least).
Not sure what Triumph's problem is with iridium plugs so long as they are 7's too (DPR7EIX-9) and not 6's for example which would be hotter plugs.

I believe Rockets used to come with 8's (a colder plug) but they changed to 7's after a couple years (by Sept 07 at least).
Not sure what Triumph's problem is with iridium plugs so long as they are 7's too (DPR7EIX-9) and not 6's for example which would be hotter plugs.

haven't picked up bike yet still at dealership but here are the plugs i sent to the qty 6
http://www.sixity.com/4pcs-11-14-tr...-spark-plugs-2294cc-139ci-kit-set-engine.html

haven't picked up bike yet still at dealership but here are the plugs i sent to the qty 6
4pcs 11-14 Triumph Rocket III Roadster NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs 2294cc 139ci Kit Set Engine | Sixity.com

Link don't work for me bro, hyperlink off this thread makes a sack of it for some reason but a quick Google of sixity rocket iii 2294 spark plug gets me there

Checked it and all sixity's other Rocket spark plug links too, none specify the plug code.
Plus they're all for 4 sparks plugs, the Rocket needs 6.
If these boys are up to speed enough to get the quantity right, and they don't mention the plug code, I wouldn't be trusting them.

Perhaps Triumph warned against them because they can't vouch for anyone's plugs except their own T1290180, which is NGK DPR7EA-9.

Last edited:
Link don't work for me bro but a quick Google of sixity rocket iii 2294 spark plug gives me this as an example

Checked all sixity's other Rocket spark plug links too, none specify the plug code.
Plus they're all for 4 sparks plugs, the Rocket needs 6.
If these boys are up to speed enough to get the quantity right, and they don't mention the plug code, I wouldn't be trusting them.

Perhaps Triumph warned against them because they can't vouch for anyone's plugs except their own T1290180, which is NGK DPR7EA-9.
we sent qty 6; 2 per cylinder here is the sku:
2040406072; if you put this sku on the sixity site you'll see these plug which above stated are good for 2011-2014 rocket 3's i believe you older rocket uses the older NGK so you may be good to go there; but these new ones may not be good for the newer bikes. I do believe the dealership received this message from Triumph.

we sent qty 6; 2 per cylinder here is the sku:
2040406072; if you put this sku on the sixity site you'll see these plug which above stated are good for 2011-2014 rocket 3's i believe you older rocket uses the older NGK so you may be good to go there; but these new ones may not be good for the newer bikes. I do believe the dealership received this message from Triumph.

LoL the part they sell is a pack of 4; if you input qty 6 into the little box on the webpage i'll bet you'll get 24 spark plugs in the mail :roll:

Again if these dudes are selling 4 plugs for a bike that needs 6, they're either not tuned in to what the Rocket needs on a fundamental level (which means they can't be trusted in their indication of these plugs being good for Rockets), or they want you to buy 2 sets (8 plugs) in order for you to get your requisite 6 hence more $$ for them.

Either way i wouldn't be buying off them :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back