Yup

I'm with you flip. They say our bikes can beat a Bussa from 0 to about 85, I have my reservations on a stock bike doing it, If you have the cat bypass, filter and exhaust done and the secondary’s 100% yes.
I can tell you one thing don't think if you are cruising along at 50 or 60 next to ****** rocket of about 750cc or more that you are just going to blow him away because it wont happen. I have a buddy with a 600 Honda hopped up and when we are cruising along and he hits it I have a hard time staying with him. Remember most those bikes have a higher top speed and like jack said they rev higher also.
I love my bike and I just might be an exception but I don’t see how people are scared of the rocket the power is so well balanced with the weight that it feels under powered to me. I guess I need to open the secondary’s and give my self a good scare.
I still think the bike to beat in a ¼ mile stock is the Yamaha V-max. :rolleyes:

I know that most of the sportbikes can beat me senseless, but it won't stop me from messing with them. :cool:

Any by the way, Paul, pull those secondaries...you'll notice the difference.

Jack:

Maybe you should loan her your 'busa so she can experience first hand what just over a liter class bike will do to the R3. I have a feeling it will scare the bejesus out of Sunshine.

Thanks for the education guys and detailed explaination. However, Sidecar Flip reeeaaaly fast bikes and cars do not scare me, they give me an adrenaline rush :eek::D

Thanks for the education guys and detailed explaination. However, Sidecar Flip reeeaaaly fast bikes and cars do not scare me, they give me an adrenaline rush :eek::D

Hey Sunshine, good to hear from you!

Flip, you should know that a bad-assed woman like Sunshine, who owns her own Rocket, ain't gonna scare easy! ;)

Sometimes you just have to plan your attack. My buddies FZ1 has aftermarket pipe, jet kit and one tooth smaller front sprocket. If we kick in first gear, his front tire won't stay on the ground after 8 grand. He's easy to smoke when he's on one wheel. Otherwise our bikes are dead even on accel.

Paul,

12-minute tune or download your Tuneboy tune again.

You won't need a remap unless you change the intake or put on new pipes.

By the way what kind of exhaust and intake you got?

Tallguy

My bike is all stock. That is why I was asking if I had to put a tuneboy or do something diffrent if I just pulled them out.
by the way Tallguy why dont you hook up with us and go to Nahville.

Paul

Just don't drop the little screws down the intake.The plates are very easy to take off. Getting all the air ducts and intake plenum off is a PITA. Do you have a service manual?? Jack

Back