Freak, from the numbers I've seen, a turbo or supercharged Rocket with a great rider can beat a stock ZX-14 or stock Busa with an average rider.

I've been hearing modded Busa running 1/4s in the high 8s / low 9s.

Freak

A pro ridder can just about always beat a busa in the eighth mile because the busa can't keep the front wheel on the ground but after that aerodynamics takes over and the busa hauls ass. This is stock to stock. All the rocket needs for another 100 HP. is higher RPMs and compression..When we will see some of that I don't know.As we get more rockets sold every day and they get older,people will start trying new things, and the prices will come down when they can sell more.Like the cams available now are about $900 bucks..Thats just crazy. Just hope they get on the stick while I'am still here..LOL Jack

Can anyone tell me how removing the secondary plates affects gas mileage. I get pretty bad mileage right now (like 25 mpg! when I'm going downhill) and don't need it to gwet worse.....

What mods do you employ. 25mpg sucks but not unheard of. In fact I think that's been the lowest mpg quoted before as well. Mine went from 33.5 to 29.5 with a rather recent tune modification. I've been babying it with the last two tank fulls and barely scrapped 30 out of it. I know I'll be back peddling (going back to my previous tune) before long.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how removing the secondary plates affects gas mileage. I get pretty bad mileage right now (like 25 mpg! when I'm going downhill) and don't need it to gwet worse.....

I've said it before and I'll say it again. My little SUV gets better mileage that that. If the bike got 25, it would sit in the garage as an ornament and I'd drive the cage, no bugs, air conditioning and comfort. Obviously not a stock bike with a stock tune.

What mods do you employ. 25mpg sucks but not unheard of. In fact I think that's been the lowest mpg quoted before as well. Mine went from 33.5 to 29.5 with a rather recent tune modification. I've been babying it with the last two tank fulls and barely scrapped 30 out of it. I know I'll be back peddling (going back to my previous tune) before long.

Rocky.....we need to find out this guy's location and watch for Arabs running behind the bike with containers (to catch the excess from the exhaust pipes) in hand......:D

Back