09 Shifter Mod

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
I know that I have read on various thread about folks taking the OEM shifter linkage off of a standard and replacing it with a shifter from another Triumph model that is mounted directly to the shaft coming out of the transmission. What I can't find is what models will fit our bikes. Did the replacement shifter come from a Daytona? Trophy? What years from this mystery bike will fit. The problem I'm having is that the shifter linkage on an 09 standard was obviously designed to be used with the foot pegs so that you foot can rotate toward the rear. I however have replaced the original foot pegs with Rivco boards and my toe tends to push up rather than back which means to shift gears I have to pick up my foot and pull the shift lever backward and it is awkward. BTW...I hate heel/Toe shifters but anything else I'm game to try.

i have the classic floor board and i never paid any attention to it but i broke my leg and did not ride it for about 4 months but when i did i did not have the strength to shift it. so i used my heel shifter for a while till i could build up my strength. i might guess that the shifter with floor boards might be longer to compensate.

I know that I have read on various thread about folks taking the OEM shifter linkage off of a standard and replacing it with a shifter from another Triumph model that is mounted directly to the shaft coming out of the transmission. What I can't find is what models will fit our bikes. Did the replacement shifter come from a Daytona? Trophy? What years from this mystery bike will fit. The problem I'm having is that the shifter linkage on an 09 standard was obviously designed to be used with the foot pegs so that you foot can rotate toward the rear. I however have replaced the original foot pegs with Rivco boards and my toe tends to push up rather than back which means to shift gears I have to pick up my foot and pull the shift lever backward and it is awkward. BTW...I hate heel/Toe shifters but anything else I'm game to try.
If the shaft coming out of the transmission is in the same place as it was on the older R3's, and your floor boards are located similarly to those on the Classics, then the T-Bird shifter will work. I used it to get rid of the heel part on the stock Classic. Got the idea from 1olbull, I believe.

Back