Theft protection, use the speedo as a key, however, it would make an awkward key ring.
Call it a design statement - yo!
flava-flav-flickr-oceanofstars_493x416.jpg

It will not start without clocks connected - the ECU needs to see the CANBUS connection is complete.
OBD connector is not important as far as it running is concerned - weird one to be damaged however and you will it need for further diagnostics
As DEcosse said I would make the OBD a priority as there is a wealth of information to be gained there.

Rick

jmo
i would make sure (test or hot wire) that the engine management relay,fuel pump relay, and fan relay, injectors and coils all have power.
the ecm has to have voltage and grounds (the ecm will ground the coils and injectors to run.)
good luck.:thumbsup:

It's a big mess. For some reason, even with the ignition off, when I connect to ground wires, the relays click. Was getting 12 volts here and there, now getting 8.5 at some places. Thought about getting another wiring harness instead of messing with this severely damaged one, but the $$$, I dunno. Might just go ahead and strip it out of the frame, and get all the non-essentials out of the way, and start over. I can only mess with it for a short time, down here in SW Florida, 90+ during the days, and I don't have as much patience as some people. But I certainly appreciate all the tips and suggestions.:thumbsup:

at 8.5 volts u have a problem
when u have the 8.5 u need to find out what is happening so back track and check at batt then batt wires then fuses.
batt needs charged? bad bat.?
it might not hurt to buy a second multi meter so u can see volts at different positions. for example at the batt and at the place u found 8.5 volts.

Received my used wiring harness yesterday, from over the pond. Arthritis eating me up lately, so it may be a day or two before I start all over again, trying to make this Girl make noise!

Back