let me say that when i give advice and it is totally ignore it seems like a waste of my time and that is why i do not give as much advice as i used to.

if that motor starts and u do not have it bolted down u r going to be in for rude awaking. :eek:

Well, I dunno? I plan on just laying it out on top of the motor, and go from there. I read some where that the ECU needs to be grounded, so I'll find a place to bolt it to the engine, or make a bracket. I bought a tip sensor, which will need to be in the upright position. Not sure if I need a voltage regulator hooked up, or not. The motor is all the way out of it's frame. I left the original short harness that sits on top, and goes to the injectors etc. as it wasn't damaged. Will have to plug in the coils, maybe they too need to be grounded? New/used harness did come with all the relays, even the headlight wires/sockets. It will be a challenge, but when I built up my 05 low rider, it was a bare frame, and the harness was in a box with all the other parts, so it can be done, just waiting on arthritis to ease up a little. I'll also have to fab up a fuel pump and regulator system. On and on..... Does anyone see a problem with using this diagram to wire the ignition switch ???
Ignition_Jumper_Illustration.jpg

I didn't mean to be smart, I meant have you not got anything for any of the plugs on the loom.
E.g. let's say you don't have the RHS controls, or a sidestand switch, etc.

if that motor starts and u do not have it bolted down u r going to be in for rude awaking. :eek:

I ran mine on a pallet no probs, not bolted down, but I did have a few chocks to stop it vibrating across.

go ahead and rev it up and take a video for us. we suffer from lack of entertainment:laugh::laugh:

let me say that when i give advice and it is totally ignore it seems like a waste of my time and that is why i do not give as much advice as i used to.
Hey Turbo,where would we be if the guys that have the knowhow, like yerself ,d,ecosse,an warp to name just a few, stopped givin good advise to those who are not so mechanically/electrically minded.The place wouldn't be worth a*uck.

Hey Turbo,where would we be if the guys that have the knowhow, like yerself ,d,ecosse,an warp to name just a few, stopped givin good advise to those who are not so mechanically/electrically minded.The place wouldn't be worth a*uck.

when i help someone it makes me fell good. if a few minutes of time helps someone and also put the info out there for others i feel i have made a nice contribution. but my time is limited so i can only help a limited number of people because i run a transmission shop i have a number of problems myself which takes preference to this site. i am not saying that i will quit giving info (i know i slack off when the masters are helping ) i just mean i will be more selective and try to come in on the thread when i fell i have good info.

Still tinkering. The new/used harness I bought, is from a 2015, and some connectors don't match up to this 2013??? Fixin to stare at the wiring diagrams some more. And if/when I attempt to fire it up, it will be strapped down, it's still sitting on a pallet on my trailer. As far as help, here, I appreciate it all. Some people have patience, some not so much. Unfortunately for me at 69 years old, I'm beginning to remind myself of my recently departed 89 year old Mother, that would ask questions over and over again, even after you just answered them. I didn't get upset with her, I just answered the question again, as it was obvious she didn't remember. Such is life. We all get old, "hopefully?":)

OK Guys and Gals, I GOT SPARK! was getting error code P1685. No voltage at coils. Checked voltage at ECM relay, and only had volts at one of the big brown wires, so relay isn't getting required voltage to close the relay. Jumped the hot brown wire to the dead brown wire, and "presto" got spark! Only code showing now is for oxygen sensor, which I do not have connected. Won't be long now. So excited, I unhooked everything and covered it back up, and came in for a smoke. Don't want to rush it. Got her strapped down, gotta hook up a fuel pump and regulator. Oil tank empty, either drained into sump, or dumped out from the wreck. Will pour some in before I try to crank her up. giddy giddy giddy! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Back