Winter is almost upon us. Time to put the Rocket to sleep

I live about about 630 km west of you at about the same latitude. The weather is rapidly going downhill here as well. The leaves are about at peak color here right now. Riding about done :(

Toronto.png

And a trip from your place, through Toronto to mine, is a skip in the park. The forcast next week is for 2 days where the temps should get over 10c. After that I'm parking her. Getting out 1 day a week sucks now.

To my Canadian and Northern American fellow Capitains...... I salute you as you prepare for the dark season! May winter pass by quickly!

i got my fall color change today - between walking around biketoberfest and taking the wrong route home at the wrong time and sitting in traffic i got sunburned... and it's supposed to be even hotter than today for the next week at least... i may have to lay off riding until it cools off some more...

Ricochet's post brings up a good reminder..... are you ready for winter storage?

This year I will be adding some concentrated anti freeze to supplement the 50/50 mix Triumph has provided which is only good for -37C. Since I park the bike in unheated storage and temps can get below -40C for an extended period, I need to strengthen the potion...... Picked up some HOAT concentrate and will add 1/2 liter to the mix bringing it to -52C coverage. A little better than 60/40 ratio anti freeze to water.

Never had to worry about this in the past owning an air cooled America. My Rocket will need a little more care before it gets parked.

Anyone else very close to the point where its time to put the Rocket to hibernate?

It's getting dark very early these days, along with the constant wind and dark clouds... snow is coming soon. I fear I may have only a few days of riding left and then no more bike till April or May.

I hate where I live sometimes.

Ya man it's almost time.... Do you know any covers that fit the rockets?

I live on Vancouver Island and just renewed my insurance yesterday. We get lots of rain ( I have good rain gear and tires) if any usually only a week or 2 of snow .

There is seriously only two weeks of snow on Vancouver Island!?!?

Back