Winter is almost upon us. Time to put the Rocket to sleep

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Anyone else very close to the point where its time to put the Rocket to hibernate?

It's getting dark very early these days, along with the constant wind and dark clouds... snow is coming soon. I fear I may have only a few days of riding left and then no more bike till April or May.

I hate where I live sometimes.

Guess we're luckier than you peeps,weather-wise, we don't often get snowed in, but we do suffer from a wet climate:(. I keep the bike taxed,etc, to make use of the dryer spells we get,but I'd never risk ridin' in snow /ice conditions, so 5 or 6 months of waiting for the spring eh / mate.:(
Time ta catch up on the fettling /polishing..:whitstling:

I did purchase an eastern beaver headlight kit, but I fear that will only take up 1 hour of my time over the entire winter. You can only get it so shiny!

It's not quite as dim here as there, given the apparent differences due to disparate declinations at different latitudes, but it won't be much longer before all but the hardiest around here will feel your pain, ricochet!

Just got mine out after riding the Storm about all summer. Taking the Rocket on a 400 mile jaunt into the nether regions of mounatinous Kentucky this weekend. Time to stretch it out and wear that Riken Raptor down some more. New Dunlop 404 up front demanding abuse from this redneck on wheels. Earl change when I get back, then HOPEFULLY a ride to East Tennessee for coffee and just plain old catchin up.

Anyone else very close to the point where its time to put the Rocket to hibernate?

It's getting dark very early these days, along with the constant wind and dark clouds... snow is coming soon. I fear I may have only a few days of riding left and then no more bike till April or May.

I hate where I live sometimes.

I live about about 630 km west of you at about the same latitude. The weather is rapidly going downhill here as well. The leaves are about at peak color here right now. Riding about done :(

Toronto.png

If I can't ride all through winter I'm disappointed, odd exceptions for the occasional snow, but the ice formed after is the worst part, so long as I've got a narrow lane of clear road that does me. Good job we rarely get snow storms like you guys.

I live on Vancouver Island and just renewed my insurance yesterday. We get lots of rain ( I have good rain gear and tires) if any usually only a week or 2 of snow .

Im already paranoid that this year we're going to get another "Ice Storm" that knocked out power to my neighborhood for over a week and one of my pets died from cold. All our food got spoiled, had no shower / pressure in the washroom.. it was horrible. Thats why this year, I've booked a trip to Mexico in the Mayan Riviera hopefully during the worst week of winter in January and I can forget all about it .... for a week.

Back