Windshield Alternative

Great,
So what are your 1st impressions? Stable, Wind protection, etc.?

Rick

It was very stable. It directed the wind at my helmet with no buffeting. The screen was completely stable with no vibration or chattering. If you were to go with a much taller shield, you might want to ask Mr. Gill if he could use a slightly thicker gauge on his brackets to be on the safe side. This isn’t to say the brackets would bend or break but I’m all for over-engineering. That being said, riders have used his V2 brackets on the XL Flyscreen (at high speeds)with no issues.

Last edited:
Very nice design @Hec4sc with the use of existing parts!
Tis a good fit and slim!
How do they measure the height - from where to where?
If I wasn't so pleased with my XL Fly, I'd do up one!

Very nice design @Hec4sc with the use of existing parts!
Tis a good fit and slim!
How do they measure the height - from where to where?
If I wasn't so pleased with my XL Fly, I'd do up one!

I placed the bike on a lift so it would be upright. While sitting on the bike, I held a level up to my chin extending over the front of my bike. I then had one of my dream killers measure from the top of a headlight to the level, making sure the measuring tape followed the rake of the forks. It was 18” for this guy.

I placed the bike on a lift so it would be upright. While sitting on the bike, I held a level up to my chin extending over the front of my bike. I then had one of my dream killers measure from the top of a headlight to the level, making sure the measuring tape followed the rake of the forks. It was 18” for this guy.

I was referring to the shield height itself.
Regarding proper shield height - I measure from the front tire leading edge to a point on the roadway 150 feet in front.
The line from rider's
seated eye height (top of the bridge of nose) to that point shall yield your proper shield height.
The height of the rider is redundant! Tis the individual's seated eye height that counts and this has nothing to do with rider height.

Very cool. I just ordered a set of V2 brackets, and screw kit. Just have to decide windshield length before ordering.
Thanks for sharing.
Dean

A windshield design I don't hate! I will, in all likely hood, be using this setup. Thanks for posting the parts and pics!
you might also want to look at a R3 windscreen made by SECDEM BULLSTER used one on my previous R3 was perfect .. comes in clear smoked and black

I have quite a collection for my Touring, I cut one tall one down so I can see over it that I run 90% of the time, I still want to cut another down even lower and get an angry gorilla painted on it.

Back