Widowmaker Journey to 200hp, no thats been done. 250hp !

This one is going to OZ for the guy that helps US so much all the time finding parts and doing tons of research for us. And he does a great job eatin pops meds 😬😂, anything for this guy! Hes our parts Legend
Did you say he's elbowing in on Pops' happy pills? wouldn't that make Pops grumpy?:eek:
:eek::eek::evil::evil::roll::roll::laugh:

Did you say he's elbowing in on Pops' happy pills? wouldn't that make Pops grumpy?:eek:
:eek::eek::evil::evil::roll::roll::laugh:
I have to pay him off now that he has finally given up on the lawn mowing this month at 92.
He reckons he is too tired after his gym sessions on Fridays now. So I suggested he could mow another day but he wasn't impressed.
So we did a deal, I mow but he still has to start it though, as the bugger always floods on me and he doesn't pull the cord as hard.;):roll::roll:

This has been a learning experience. Went for a little round the block and zing, ( chain) ( oh **** timing) (horr thoughts) immediately like a cat, kill switch! Push home for punishment, up hill, 1/4 mi. punishment inflicted, disassemble front for 367 time, and oh snap! I screwed up this somehow, i dunno, im gonna fix it and keep trying, First act like a ***** for a couple hours, then fix.

Attachments

• 4AEB6FCA-2241-487C-8083-453FC1135E3F.jpeg
    4AEB6FCA-2241-487C-8083-453FC1135E3F.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 39
  • EB7C9861-44A9-4024-86E1-5C741E80B1F5.jpeg
    EB7C9861-44A9-4024-86E1-5C741E80B1F5.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
35 lb? Manual says 30Nm, about 22 ft lb...
Even then (not sure why you had it off) I would have expected the fine threads to pull from overtightening before wringing the shaft off like that.
Water & oil pumps turn ok?

1645481320680.png

35 lb? Manual says 30Nm, about 22 ft lb...
Even then (not sure why you had it off) I would have expected the fine threads to pull from overtightening before wringing the shaft off like that.
Water & oil pumps turn ok?

1645481320680.png
i use the book for torque but a new nut was not used and tightening may be the issue as getting that tight is a pain for me, everything was working until it wasnt. im sure mechanic error no doubt, im gonna check nut, threads, shaft, and gears and chain,

Last edited:
This has been a learning experience. Went for a little round the block and zing, ( chain) ( oh **** timing) (horr thoughts) immediately like a cat, kill switch! Push home for punishment, up hill, 1/4 mi. punishment inflicted, disassemble front for 367 time, and oh snap! I screwed up this somehow, i dunno, im gonna fix it and keep trying, First act like a ***** for a couple hours, then fix.
Sorry this happened to you, RIII has some good thoughts, possibly nut did come off and gear moved out on shaft, putting shaft in a bind and shaft snapped. Nothing to do but find the problem, fix and ride. I know you'll figure it out and be riding soon.

Sorry this happened to you, RIII has some good thoughts, possibly nut did come off and gear moved out on shaft, putting shaft in a bind and shaft snapped. Nothing to do but find the problem, fix and ride. I know you'll figure it out and be riding soon.
Thanks Gerald I appreciate the gentle nudge to get off ground. 😁

Back