White freakin wall . . .

boogerdave

Nitrous
So, I found a really great deal on a 240/55 vr16 and I order it . . . It arrived today . . it is a whitewall. Sooo . . . anyone know a really good way to black out a whitewall? :cool:

Yep, for now. Biggest issue with me was the price of the Metz or the Avon. This tire was 180 bucks and most say they are getting 12-15,000 miles out of it. I live on a dirt road and the darkside throws me everywhere. I have absolutely NO issues with it on the road, just with uneven surfaces.

My stock tire is a 240/50 not sure how much difference the taller tire would make but I have thought about white walls.
Details please?

Probably the type fitted to a C109RT. I'm considering that size for my next one - if I can bring myself not to go with another Avon. Whitewall woundn't be my choice either.

I wasnt PLANNING on buying a white wall . . evidently I wasnt paying attention to the tire I ordered and I know there has to be some way to cover up the whitewall. It is for the Suzuki 109, when I asked a friend in the MC parts business what the W was for he told me it was listed as for the touring model and had a higher weight rating. So . . I ordered it.

I recall tyre black used to cover up the white lettering on my car tyres back in the 70s but it didn't last long and scuffed off real quick. I also tried shoe polish but it didn't cover evenly. Dye sounds like an option worth trying; maybe if you scuffed the white with a wire brush first. Sorry man.

Back