freakin Tachometers

assclown

Standard Bore
smiles%20your%2520kiilin%2520me.gif Hey....Does anyone on this forum have a tachometer on their 2014 R3 Touring. If so please throw me a bone on how it was installed.
I have just about given up on the idea, because nobody seems to know about the procedure. I like a tach and have had one on every bike I have owned in the last 30 years.
I have taken to the Triumph dealer (the one and only) and they have no clue of how to install a tach, but for just $300.00 labor they will try to find a way.
I can't find anything on the internet, and am very frustrated by the whole issue!
ANYBODY???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Perhaps just check a schematic in a shop manual for how the other Rockets' tachometers are wired and do the same??

I'd have to think if you buy an aftermarket tach that clamps to a 1" handlebar the instructions will include wiring instructions. My DR650 didn't come with a tach and the vendor (Trail Tech) who supplied the one I bought listed a couple different wiring options. Dead simple.

In the dirt bike realm several vendors offer different mounting methods and brackets, surely street bike vendors do the same.
Measure the distance between your handlebar clamp bolts - maybe those measurements match those of other bikes so you could use brackets designed for them.

That's all I've got for now. I'm going to finish my morning coffee.

Back