White smoke from throttle body one

Paul Jacobs

Bald is best
Today I replaced the throttle cables, while the filter was off I started the engine to test the cable. When I turned the engine off I had white smoke emanating from the front throttle body. Any ideas? Should I be concerned. I think fuel use has increased recently but no hard evadance.

Is this repeatable? The only thing I can think of is the intake valve seal leaking a little oil into the intake. I'm sure Warp9.9 would have some ideas.

Put the filters back on and ride it. That's what I would be doing. White smoke from a diesel exhaust is low or no compression but I don't know about petrol engines.

was actual smoke or just unburnt fuel bleeding back before ignition stroke, as @bruce aussie said just ride it and I'll add don't over think it, I can remember seeing same white mist coming from the 4 barrel carby on a V8 after just having run it and taking the air cleaner off ... back in the day:) just a few years ago:whitstling:

Try it again while holding a lighter near the area where the white smoke appeare. If it is fuel vapor, you will know almost instantly!!

Joking, it was a joke. Don't take my advice.

Back