While waiting for a tire installation...

@Tbirdgirl
Say hello to Wilson for me.
How you liking the 140R75/17?

Thanks I was just reading the thread and could not believe no one asked how the new tire is working out.

Great write up. I just love saying, '' oh 140 cubic inches" to the harley people. I never say 2300cc. They have a hard time with the math.

Cool story...
While visiting @smokit2 in Colorado, I realized I wasn't going to make it home on my front tire. Ordered up a nice 140 Avon Cobra and rode over to Grand Junction on the way home to have it installed. A 60-ish guy on a Harley came in to have tires done also, and we chatted while waiting.

He asked me what I was riding, and when I told him, he pointed out a trade-in Electra-FLXTYDRWQMLP-something or other. I just said, "No", and he was genuinely surprised. Ok, it had a pretty blue and silver paint job, but I told him there is no bike after the Rocket.

When my tire was done, he came out to look at the bike and I think it was then when he realized just what I was talking about. "2300 ccs, really?" I said, "I told you there was no upgrading from this". The look on his face was priceless.

:roll::roll:

Btw, here's my tire before the switch...
IMG_1115.JPG
Dammmmmm my tire practically looks brad new compared to that and i been meaning to have it changed for the last 1000 klm........

OMG :eek: nothing add except Wow I change out the tyre once it gets down to wear bars after that they become an accident waiting to happen, it is easy enough to have an acco no need to add to the risk :rolleyes:

Wow, a right proper dressing down over the tread. I figured I would change out the rear first since it's the drive wheel. I thought I could get away with it since there was no rain in the forecast. Thanks for the concern, though. I'll take the advice of those who have taken coffee breaks for longer than I have been riding. ;)

I like the 140, it's a little easier to initiate a turn, and the front feels lighter. I'm still running 38 psi, does that sound right?

Every year Eglin Air Force Base has a motorcycle safety day and I am usually invited to speak to the crowd, last year a local MC shop was giving away a set of tyres to the bike in the parking lot with the worst tyres on it, now my speech that day was about tyre safety/maintenance etc, when the award came to give away the tyres we showed pictures on the large view screen and the tyres in question were unbelievable both front and rear had cord showing.
The Major in charge of the safety day came on the stage and asked the owner of the bike to come up and claim his prize well no one moved then he bluffed and said we have ran the tags and know who you are, this young airman came up and boy did he get a dressing down in front of everyone for the condition of his tyres.

Back