While waiting for a tire installation...

Tbirdgirl

Watch out for the whip...
Ride
2011 R3 Roadster
Cool story...
While visiting @smokit2 in Colorado, I realized I wasn't going to make it home on my front tire. Ordered up a nice 140 Avon Cobra and rode over to Grand Junction on the way home to have it installed. A 60-ish guy on a Harley came in to have tires done also, and we chatted while waiting.

He asked me what I was riding, and when I told him, he pointed out a trade-in Electra-FLXTYDRWQMLP-something or other. I just said, "No", and he was genuinely surprised. Ok, it had a pretty blue and silver paint job, but I told him there is no bike after the Rocket.

When my tire was done, he came out to look at the bike and I think it was then when he realized just what I was talking about. "2300 ccs, really?" I said, "I told you there was no upgrading from this". The look on his face was priceless.

:roll::roll:

Btw, here's my tire before the switch...
IMG_1115.JPG

Im sure the wrench had a word or two about my sanity.
For good reason - with the state of that FRONT tire that your life depends on. I'm shocked you didn't change it at least 1000 miles earlier before you started your trip! :confused::confused::eek:

Last edited:
Im sure the wrench had a word or two about my sanity.
Way back in 1979 i had a Honda 750. Let the front tire wear down about that much and while flying down interstate 10 had the front tire blow. Got lucky and went off into the grass covered divider. Learned my lesson then. Now days especially on the Rocket I keep a good eye on tire tread and depth. If I go down I would like it for some uncontrollable stupid situation. NOT THE OTHER>

Back