RockyIII

Supercharged
Chaps, I'm wondering which tune would be best for me. My beast is an 06 model. Apart from the heavily customised body, the only mod is a full custom 3-1 (no cat) system. I have standard air flow (no K&N). I did see a custom tune 20050finaldyno_decel. Would this be in the right ball park or is there a more suitable tune out there, maybe a predator tune might be good for my exhaust.

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.:)

Oh, can someone explain how the speed adjust works. Is 0,0% the normal setting?

Chaps, I'm wondering which tune would be best for me. My beast is an 06 model. Apart from the heavily customised body, the only mod is a full custom 3-1 (no cat) system. I have standard air flow (no K&N). I did see a custom tune 20050finaldyno_decel. Would this be in the right ball park or is there a more suitable tune out there, maybe a predator tune might be good for my exhaust.

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.:)

Oh, can someone explain how the speed adjust works. Is 0,0% the normal setting?

With your standard air flow I am asuming you are still using the very restrictive air box plumbing, the basic TORS tune is probally all you need the Pred's tune will be far to rich. You may not be aware but this motor comes from the factory suppressed destined and strangled it has the potential of a lot more power with very little effort the first step is to take away that strangling air box and plumbing because before your motor can make the extra power your exhaust will allow you to make it needs to let the air in.......big air in big power out thru free flowing exhaust. In other words you are wasting the money you spent on your exhaust system if you don't utilise the it' better breathing by letting more in, you could compare it to getting fit to run a marathon and then on the race day you hold a clothe against your face do you can't breathe properly.... You would soon be on the floor in a heap, get triples you wont look back it could be as much as 10HP gain money well spent

Thanks Hanso, that was really good advice. I will probably go with the K&N's at some point, I should have done it before, but I was put off doing it because I'd read too much negative advice. Now I'm leaning the other way.

Many thanks.

P.S do I really need to go through the installation procedure posted by another member? I'm not really handy with that kind of thing. Also do I need the K&N crackcase filter?

Thanks Hanso, that was really good advice. I will probably go with the K&N's at some point, I should have done it before, but I was put off doing it because I'd read too much negative advice. Now I'm leaning the other way.

Many thanks.

P.S do I really need to go through the installation procedure posted by another member? I'm not really handy with that kind of thing. Also do I need the K&N crackcase filter?
quite simple undo and throw all the crap attached to the injectors except look after the air temp sensor rip your secondarys out (being carefull to tape the bottom of them incase you drop a srew, very easy to remove with tape in place) while you are at it and yes you will need the crankfilter and the other one that Flipmiester offers to cover the airtemp sensor I would just ask him to supply the lot his price are the best I have seen

Cheers for that. It's true, knowledge is power.
I love the "rip out secondaries" bit, sounds like a crazed child on christmas day, all pent up with excitement.
And when they're out, they can truly rest in piece.:D

Back