Which Touring models got ABS in the states?

HitekRednek

.040 Over
Ride
R3t
I'm still looking around for a Rocket to modify with the carpenter package. I rode both models (touring and roadster) and boy did they neuter the touring...not a big deal though. I'm doing the touring model as my base and I'll work from there. My question though...I want ABS and I keep seeing ABS advertised only to find out it's NOT equipped with antilock brakes. Now a dealer is telling me Triumph can respec a 2012 Canadian spec touring model that has ABS and sell it to me, while their 2013 model doesn't have ABS, on the showroom floor. When did US spec R3 touring models come with ABS? Or have they yet? What's the scoop here?

I'm still looking around for a Rocket to modify with the carpenter package. I rode both models (touring and roadster) and boy did they neuter the touring...not a big deal though. I'm doing the touring model as my base and I'll work from there. My question though...I want ABS and I keep seeing ABS advertised only to find out it's NOT equipped with antilock brakes. Now a dealer is telling me Triumph can respec a 2012 Canadian spec touring model that has ABS and sell it to me, while their 2013 model doesn't have ABS, on the showroom floor. When did US spec R3 touring models come with ABS? Or have they yet? What's the scoop here?
According to Triumph the 2013 model year has ABS - the 2012 may not have http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/motorcycles/range/cruisers/rocket. IIRC there was a time over here when you could buy it with or without. But as they're moving to make ABS obligatory in the EU - the EU spec have ABS.

You'll probably just have to find a 2013 Touring with a later build date since Triumph often does rolling updates, not strict model year changes. 2 Rockets of the same model year can have different colored engines, kick stands, gauge faces, etc.

With a carpenter pipe and proper tuning you can get 160+ hp out of the touring so if your not wanting to go for the full ackage out the gate you can get a pretty powerfull touring model. it jsut the map in th eecu that muzzles them. plus a little on the exhaust.

You'll probably just have to find a 2013 Touring with a later build date since Triumph often does rolling updates, not strict model year changes. 2 Rockets of the same model year can have different colored engines, kick stands, gauge faces, etc.
Remember no since Triumph did away eith the silver motor this is not so true any more, 06 ws the last year of the siver motors . they in the standards and the classic tourers. Now days all motors are black No matter whether they were the touring or th clasicx znx rhe roadsters. In fact all Rocket motors are the same with the hexception of maybe the filter plenum due to the tank canfiguration, floor boards/foot pegs and tune in the ecu/. The only other differences in them now is the ABS and maybe the Touring still has two toned paint. The Roadster has a couple different black paint jobs and you can ourchase the phantom haze colors on them.
Oh and th Roadster still has the handsom doubke bug eyed head lights. ( can you tell I still like them buggers :) I just bought the complete clutch sussyem out of a 2011 touring and when I sent the bascket down to MTC Engineering the backlash eliminator plates are still the same size as the 06 models.. It seems they have added a washer inbetween the back edge of the lifyrt pirc snd the wavey washer in which if you use the wear tolerances of the fibers you will loose the clutch ( spinning before you reach the alowable wear limits on the fibers. I think this takes up some of the rattle people are hearing but since it allows less wear on the finers I am not convinced it id a plus. You can eliminate the rattle which is the liferpiece comming out of the pressure plate roller bearing. This can be stopped by the addition of a little locktite blue and then you can maintain the wear of the fibers. Its your call change or pay to have the clutch chaaged earlier or add the loctite. Myself I use the loctite its better then paying the four hours labor and the cost of the fibers.
This is only change in the cluth system.
Well the valium is taking affect so it time to go to sleep you all enyoy :)

Remember no since Triumph did away eith the silver motor this is not so true any more, 06 ws the last year of the siver motors . they in the standards and the classic tourers. Now days all motors are black No matter whether they were the touring or th clasicx znx rhe roadsters. In fact all Rocket motors are the same with the hexception of maybe the filter plenum due to the tank canfiguration, floor boards/foot pegs and tune in the ecu/. The only other differences in them now is the ABS and maybe the Touring still has two toned paint. The Roadster has a couple different black paint jobs and you can ourchase the phantom haze colors on them.
Oh and th Roadster still has the handsom doubke bug eyed head lights. ( can you tell I still like them buggers :) I just bought the complete clutch sussyem out of a 2011 touring and when I sent the bascket down to MTC Engineering the backlash eliminator plates are still the same size as the 06 models.. It seems they have added a washer inbetween the back edge of the lifyrt pirc snd the wavey washer in which if you use the wear tolerances of the fibers you will loose the clutch ( spinning before you reach the alowable wear limits on the fibers. I think this takes up some of the rattle people are hearing but since it allows less wear on the finers I am not convinced it id a plus. You can eliminate the rattle which is the liferpiece comming out of the pressure plate roller bearing. This can be stopped by the addition of a little locktite blue and then you can maintain the wear of the fibers. Its your call change or pay to have the clutch chaaged earlier or add the loctite. Myself I use the loctite its better then paying the four hours labor and the cost of the fibers.
This is only change in the cluth system.
Well the valium is taking affect so it time to go to sleep you all enjoy :)

Back