where's the christmasie thingies admin

travelguy

Turbocharged
hey you guys... it's that time of year. how about some tinsel/lights/santas on the site banners. quit pulling on those cow udders , put the donuts down , and get in the spirit. :D

I got call this afternoon from my depatmet head at school. I have to report at 7:30am tomorow. Seems as though I'm teaching a class. Problem is, I'll be on the driving range outside (read outside in the elements) for 8 hours and it's frigg'in cold here. I'd be much less despondent if I could just keeping on toasting in fron of the fire. Time to dig out the snowmobile suit, a facemask and my colod weather boots.

Not looling forward to this but, I'm comitted to the teaching thing. I'd just prefer summer.

A bitter, strained if not disturbingly depressed reply, Flip. The theme was X'mas, wasn't it?. And it tends to be a joyful one, no matter the lassitude or the sarcasm the event might occasionally inspire to us old boors.

So many folks on this earth don't even get a chance to celebrate it, let alone to position themselves relative to it.

And, work aggravations and weather difficulties aside, you're now "pastorfreakin'" (ha! ha!) as in spillin' your spellin'. Depatment. Tomorow. Fron of the fire. Colod weather. Looling forward :confused:.

It's not, it can't possibly be, YOU, Flip.

Take good care of the real Flip. His friend, Jamie

Last edited:
Raesons.........

A bitter, strained if not disturbingly depressed reply, Flip. The theme was X'mas, wasn't it?. And it tends to be a joyful one, no matter the lassitude or the sarcasm the event might occasionally inspire to us old boors.

So many folks on this earth don't even get a chance to celebrate it, let alone to position themselves relative to it.

And, work aggravations and weather difficulties aside, you're now "pastorfreakin'" (ha! ha!) as in spillin' your spellin'. Depatment. Tomorow. Fron of the fire. Colod weather. Looling forward :confused:.

It's not, it can't possibly be, YOU, Flip.

Take good care of the real Flip. His friend, Jamie

Jamie:

I'm suffering right now from Renal Colic. Being mostly old farts we should all know what that is.....a frigging kidney stone. It ain't my first and probably won't be my last even though I want every one to be my last. I still remember the first time vividly. The pain was so intense, I was standing in the kitchen, we'd just gotten dressed to go to dinner and it hit me like a ton of bricks, I was standing with my hands on the counter and the pain was so intense I basically was beyond feeling it. I opened my mouth and nothing came out except bile and it went down over the front of me and all over my spit shined cowboy boots, the lizard pair no less. I know the symptoms now, the nausea, the twinge and I need to get to a hospital and 50 units of Demerol but this time it's different. I didn't get queasy, I just have this intense pain, a throb in my side. I went to the ER last night because I wasn't sure what was happening. They did a urine sample, sure enough, blood in the pee. Did a CT scan and I have a stone and it's moving along the path to be expelled. I wish it was gone but it's still in there, tormenting me. Least wise it's not over 5mm. Over 5 and it's surgery. This one is 3. I changed my diet a few years ago to exclude most all dairy products but I got another one. They say passing a stone is just like having a baby. I don't want no stinking baby. I have to instruct a class tomorrow and I can't take any pain killers. I didn't get my favorite narcotic this time because I wasn't admitted. I have a nice bottle of 750 Mg., Vicodin. They don't come any stronger but I can't be taking them and operate heavy equipment especially with students so I'm hoping that I'll piss it tonight and be rid of it so I can function properly tomorrow.

I apologize for the mis-spellings in the post. I'm a little foggy in the gray matter department. I did take a Vicodin around 10 this morning. This one is better.

I wish all my friends here a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New year. Many safe and trouble free miles on our favorite bikes, the Triumph's.

I also wish Raymond would start off the RAA thread for next summer. I'm so looking forward to the pilgrimage.

Back