Votes: 2 2.6%
  • DSL

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • High Speed Cable

Votes: 37 48.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
Yikes... I'm going to guess that you are talking about the ISC... Idle speed Control stepper motor. That thing does kind of hang out in the breeze. It wouldn't hurt it to do just as you described, it would help keep the rain out. On some of the early bikes people were lifting the gas tank and using a little dielectric grease on all the connectors under the tank just for good luck. Many bikes were having speedo and tach problems in rain storms and this cured that problem.

Got a phone call from Hondax today advising his internet is down for an unknown period of time. Seems the server for his provider either got hacked or fell victim to a virus. He sends his best and says he will be back this week. If anyone has any messages for him pm me and I will relay via smoke signals.

I went to our local library for internet access. Their pop-up blocker is a real pain but i'm glad i'm om line. Cannot contact my internet provider but insures us via phone message that they will be back,.....some time. We will give them a week to get things squared away, then we will probably go DirectWay but there upload speeds sucks as we heard it runs around 20K. Downloads are 512K. We have so few options in the country. Dial-up is out of the question......we're spoiled!:D

You think you are in the country...

We are so far in the sticks when the power goes out (often), it's out for days. We do have cable TV but we still use kerosene lamps for lighting (when the power goes out).

Actually, I can't afford to be without electricity as we have to pump water for stock and to flush the toilet (in the winter it's too cold to use the outhouse).

I have a Generac 15KW standby unit that's propane fired and 2- 500 gallon tanks.

We heat our home with a biomass stove and my wife has a Coleman cookstove for a backup. In the winter here, sometimes the only way to get anywhere is by snowmobile.

Sidecar Flip said:
We are so far in the sticks when the power goes out (often), it's out for days. We do have cable TV but we still use kerosene lamps for lighting (when the power goes out).

Actually, I can't afford to be without electricity as we have to pump water for stock and to flush the toilet (in the winter it's too cold to use the outhouse).

I have a Generac 15KW standby unit that's propane fired and 2- 500 gallon tanks.

We heat our home with a biomass stove and my wife has a Coleman cookstove for a backup. In the winter here, sometimes the only way to get anywhere is by snowmobile.

Boy can I relate. We use two 75KW diesel generators to power our poultry operation. Our electricity was very unreliable but we *****ed and moaned until they upgraded all the transformers and now we rock,.....knock on wood!!

Not to change the thread :D... but at my house the electricity is stone reliable, its maybe gone out twice in 15 years. Where I work (about 4 miles away) it goes out about once a week. We make jokes about using squirrels for fuses. POP! Then the lights go out :eek:.... Go figure....

Tom:

Threads are like twisty roads, you twist and turn but you finally get to your destination in a much more interesting way than taking the interstate.

The local power provider here usually equates outages to squirrels and racoons getting in the substation and getting cooked on the switchgear. They never have invented any other excuse and just like politicians, the general public swallows it hook, line and sinker

Hondax:

15 KW is enough to power our essentials. We do have a commercial deep well pump, but it handles the 1.5 horse motor. I considered a diesel fired standby unit or a large Winco for one of the tractors but if I'm not home, the propane fired 15KW unit comes on line automatically and 1000 gallons on LP will run it non-stop for a month. Interestingly, since I installed it, the power hasn't failed:) even though it's went out 2 farms down the road numerous times. Somehow, even though my wife is a good homesteader, I can't see her hooking up a Winco and the switchgear at midnight in the rain or dealing with a diesel genset (which I'd prefer).

I use my thumb and fo, none of yo **** bidness what I use. Oh, never mind I use DSL the 3.5 variety.:D

I use high speed Comcast Cable Broadband on my own home wi-fi network. I have a desktop, laptop & two printers on my network. I also use Vonage phone service over my broadband connection. It has every feature known to mankind & is totaly unlimited, all for $25 a month.

Back