Warning Lite - Oil lite stays on

PF63E.jpg
I am glad u are helping.
Picture worth a thousand words

I think it came up in a thread about changing bearings for piston upgrades. Something about priming the pump through the oil filter stud or the system will system not pressurize. I could not find the post but I believe Warp and Neville Lush were discussing the priming technique.
I do not know if this correlates to this but when Rob built my motor, neville told me to fill the motor with oil then fill the oil filter spin on quickly and fire it up

I've seen, and heard of some sillier things, but do you think someone thought that squeezing a tube of silicone into the oil tank, would stop a leak ?????? o_O 😟😢
Im not sure if silicone would float in oil. If it does I can't see it getting in the oil pick line in the tank. I'm curious as to where the oil was when he opened her up. I might have missed it. But I'm wondering if it was all in the sump or did the tank still have oil in it? And when you pulled the sump pan did you check it for any blockage?

I've seen, and heard of some sillier things, but do you think someone thought that squeezing a tube of silicone into the oil tank, would stop a leak ?????? o_O 😟😢

I think he used a tube on the bottom pan and did not give it time to dry so the oil just washed it off. The big question is, was it able to go through all the pumps screens.

If the sump screens aren't clogged with the gasket material then no material entered the scavenger pumps. Also check the scavenger pump gasket area. The large pipe feeds the filter from the pump.

Trouble is, he said the previous owner had the sump off and put it back badly... and he took the sump off also and the screens were not bad... so the previous owner probably had the crap cleared out of the sump screens.

I think he used a tube on the bottom pan and didnot give it time to dry so the oil just washed it off the big question is was it able to go9 through all the pumps screens.
Trouble is, he said the previous owner had the sump off and put it back badly... and he took the sump off also and the screens were not bad... so the previous owner probably had the crap cleared out of the sump screens.

Ok I missed some of the information .

Then I would be looking at the mating surface. If it's been running too much while dry, I'm worried about oil to the cam journals. Time to ponder more. This may take some bacon, eggs, and buttered grits :)

oil pathway.jpg

To me, the big unknown here is just how long the previous owner ran this engine without oil pressure. We know that @hossr only ran it for a few seconds, but what happened to the engine before he got it isn't clear.
Not knowing that would bug me.

There is problably going to be a lot of good ideas.
Mine was getting the info then install sump new oil then use a drill to turn pumps if light does not go out tlme to tear apart.
If he pulls the maln pump apart and it is blue that would be a sign it has ran to long.

Back