Warning Lite - Oil lite stays on

I guess my first question should have been how many miles r on this bike.

To me, the big unknown here is just how long the previous owner ran this engine without oil pressure. We know that @hossr only ran it for a few seconds, but what happened to the engine before he got it isn't clear.
Not knowing that would bug me.
With that much trash being pumped through the pump, galleys and passages, ect. would be worried for rods, mains, cams, being plugged and can't get oil.

With that much trash being pumped through the pump, galleys and passages, ect. would be worried for rods, mains, cams, being plugged and can't get oil.

Oil first travels from the tank through the pump to the oil filter (oil is filter first thing) goes through the filter and fills up the main galley, then once the main galley is full the oil goes from the main galley to the transmission and pressure relief valve.

Oil first travels from the tank through the pump to the oil filter (oil is filter first thing) goes through the filter and fills up the main galley, then once the main galley is full the oil goes from the main galley to the transmission and pressure relief valve.
If filter was plugged as in some of his pictures, by pass would open and either dump the oil or pass it on unfiltered, providing it's not plugged by trash, I would think.

I am not trying to put anybody on the spot i am asking because i do not know.
How did the silacone get on the pump screen how did it flow?

If filter was plugged as in some of his pictures, by pass would open and either dump the oil or pass it on unfiltered, providing it's not plugged by trash, I would think.
I would assume you are correct if we can show proof of oil even getting to the filter. I'm sure I missed it but does the oil in the tank remain or leak down? And if it leaks down about how fast ? Again sorry if I missed it. If Peter aka pedro gives suggestion I know he been thru more the one Rocket engine. And he younger then I am so his memory has got to be much better then mine :)

I am not trying to put anybody on the spot i am asking because i do not know.
How did the silacone get on the pump screen how did it flow?
Looks to me as chewed up and shredded as it looks, it would have to go through pumps and flow with oil until oil could no longer flow. Would love to know how many areas he used the silicone. Would like to talk to original offender to know where he used it, and "what was you thinking".

Back