NOW - options for Classic floorboards

Buck Mossie,
Here are the pictures of my floor boards and all. Does your R3 have ABS? IMAG0157.jpg IMAG0158.jpg IMAG0159.jpg IMAG0160.jpg IMAG0161.jpg IMAG0162.jpg

For anyone interested, Buck Mossie and I made a successful swap between the floorboards and pegs on our bikes and are both happy with the results. As far as switching the 2011 Roadster pegs onto my 2006 Classic, all I had to do besides bolt on the new parts was to cut down my stock brake line from the master cylinder to the brake light switch, unsolder the old banjo fitting and re-solder it to the shortened line then re-bend the thing to fit.

Buck Mossie,
If the deal doesn't work out with rough1road, let me know, I have the classic boards and rails on my bike, however I didn't like the large rear brake pedal so I modified my standard pedal to change the angle so it would work with the boards instead of the pegs. Also my stuff is all powder coated black.

I am watching this thread as I would like a more rearward foot position.

Good luck to both of you and keep us all posted on how much fabing is involved.
Lonnie

Did you ever trade? I'm interested if you haven't.

Been told it's just bolt on and go while one person said they had to lengthen brake line for roadster and shorten for classic. I'd suggest u sit on a R3R like mine to be sure it's what you like. If so, let's go! My gear is like new. Is yours black or chrome?

After this thread got going I realized I have modified my left rail to accommodate the direct shift lever I also now have a smaller thread to bolt on my heel guard where the shift linkage normally bolts on. Also welded another bracket to mount the rear of the guard, so don't think you guys would want to swap with me. Sorry.

Lonnie

Back