Do the low beams come on when you turn on the ignition switch? Those lights are supposed to be lit when the ignition is ON. It's probably the dip switch on the handlebar isn't making contact for the low beam circuit. If it has an Eastern Beaver relay installed the circuit functionality is retained, however headlight power comes directly off the battery instead of through the ignition switch barrel. You can plug a new H4 lamp into one headlight socket to test if your low beams are burned out. I'd still guess the dip switch tho, it selects which headlight element is powered.
The dip switch makes more sense than both headlights suddenly losing low beams. I’ve had the bike for a year. That was my first time in anything more than a very light sprinkle (God Bless aTexas!!).

Dip switch is likely, you still haven't answered the question as to low beams on with only the ignition switch turned on. I installed an Eastern Beaver relay on my 05 and I ordered it with the low beam cutout option. That kit provided a weather proof toggle (I mpounted to the plastic cover on the lower right side) to disconnect the low beams before startup. When I lived in Kansas that was a very useful option for cold morning starts, no pre-draining my battery with snapping on the headlights. with the ignition switch In Texas it was only useful to get people to point at the weird bike with no headlights lit running down the street the few times I toggled the lights off before startup.

Dip switch is likely, you still haven't answered the question as to low beams on with only the ignition switch turned on. I installed an Eastern Beaver relay on my 05 and I ordered it with the low beam cutout option. That kit provided a weather proof toggle (I mpounted to the plastic cover on the lower right side) to disconnect the low beams before startup. When I lived in Kansas that was a very useful option for cold morning starts, no pre-draining my battery with snapping on the headlights. with the ignition switch In Texas it was only useful to get people to point at the weird bike with no headlights lit running down the street the few times I toggled the lights off before startup.
Sorry. Apparently blanked out on the question. No. The lights do not come on with the ignition switch. Only the small daytime running lights inside the bottom of the assembly.

Both headlights get power from the same source wire. If the high beams are working then power from the starter relay to the dip switch is present. In IDK's signature is reference drawing for your wiring. So bottom line is either the dip switch has lost contact to both low beams (corrosion or other) OR both low beams are burned out. Narrows the problems to search thru. In the drawing below you can see the dip switch has one power source, and it selects which circuit is energized in the H4 recepticle plugged into the lamps. It powers either low or high (not both at the same time). The position lights come off a different circuit that also powers the instrument lamps, tail light, number plate, accessory lights etc.

1662585665293.png

Last edited:
So instead of just throwing money at it in parts I checked for low beam power at the lights. I have none. I do have high beam power, though. Man I hate running electrical problems. Lol

you have to b getting close
when you switch to low beams does the power go off on the high beams?
check the ground terminals in the connector.
ohm the low beam from head light terminal to low switch.

So I did a bunch of continuity testing and everything was good. Then I checked the headlight relays. The high beam was perfect. The low beam relay only let about 5 volts out. Replaced and good as new now. Just wish I hadn’t spent the money on the dip switch but oh well. Appreciate everyone weighing in. Thank you all.

Back