Bear on a rocket

Standard Bore
Ride
06 Triumph Rocket III
Hey all. New Triumph rider here. Have an 06 R3. Went for a ride a couple of weeks ago and got caught in the rain. Discovered a few days later that my low beams no longer work. High beams are fine. DRL’s work. Bike starts and rides normal. Just no low beams from either headlightideas? Going to start running down the usual suspects (relays and fuse) in the next day or two. Just curious if anyone else had this happen

Welcome from arizona
Problem is going to be
Dimmer/dip switch
Wires from switch to lights
Grounds/burned out connector inside lights.

If a relay was the problem (and it's not Eastern Beaver equipped) the headlights wouldn't go out when you mash the starter button. From what you said that doesn't seem to be the problem.

If a relay was the problem (and it's not Eastern Beaver equipped) the headlights wouldn't go out when you mash the starter button. From what you said that doesn't seem to be the problem.
I didn’t think it was but it’s an easy enough check without pulling the tank or disassembling the lights or switches.

Do the low beams come on when you turn on the ignition switch? Those lights are supposed to be lit when the ignition is ON. It's probably the dip switch on the handlebar isn't making contact for the low beam circuit. If it has an Eastern Beaver relay installed the circuit functionality is retained, however headlight power comes directly off the battery instead of through the ignition switch barrel. You can plug a new H4 lamp into one headlight socket to test if your low beams are burned out. I'd still guess the dip switch tho, it selects which headlight element is powered.

Back