Vin number year matching

JackC

.040 Over
Does anyone know what VIN or engine numbers match model years on the R3T range?

I have a Blue/Blue model I think is a 2009 model bough this year at decent discount. Would like to know if it is a 2009 or if it could be a 2008.

Don't know if its valid or not, but I read that the 10th character of the VIN represents the year. Works for mine as its an 8.

Yep, tenth character is the year. Should be a letter. Not sure what it is but for this century. I wonder why it isn't on the title or registration.

vin

Im a little confused here
Mine is a 2009 rocket standard and it was purchased new from the dealership black motor.
and the tenth digit on my vin is 5????????
it aint no 05 :confused: the eleventh number is 9

Mine is a 2009 rocket standard and it was purchased new from the dealership black motor.
I read that the first digit represents the place of manufacture the vin starts with SM so maybe its the first two that would make the 9 line up with the year i guess ?
anyone else with a 09 have a similer vin?

I just read the info. It suggests the A in my VIN means it's a 2010 model. Made it a better deal than I thought then. The A is the 11th number in my VIN. If I read it as the 10th number rather than digit I get a 9. That makes a bit more sense to me though I would be happy to have a 2010 model.

So if Triumph comply with the National Highway Traffic Safety Board VIN numbering requirements then my bike is an Azure Blue 2005 R3T????? Something isn't right.

For what its worth, the blue/blue color scheme is officially Eclipse Blue/Azure Blue, so it sounds like they got that part right.

Back