I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth , if was awful nice of him to give me free and unrestricted use of a bike , but I do like teasing him about it. There wasn't much choice, we call him Guzzi Dan, all he has are Guzzis .

Wonder is it the different type of counter balancer the new engines use. Old engines are one balancer shaft, new ones appear to have 2 'half' balancer shafts.
Different balancer type, different vibration type?

Triple engines are naturally unbalanced, unlike an engine with an even number of cylinders, hence the need for the counter balancer to dampen the vibration. In my understanding.
I think you are correct, hence different firing order and different balancer configuration. If they went to 1 3 2 does that mean that 180 degrees instead of 240 degrees is now being used?

I got a real good deal on a 2020 GT with accessories two weeks ago and finally got around to running it (after bleeding the rear brakes). I notice it seems to have a slight engine vibration when accelerating. The bike accelerates nicely but has that annoying vibration (like a Harley) that is not present in my 2014 Roadster. After researching, I found the first gen Rocket has a 1-2-3 firing order and the second gen has a 1-3-2 firing order (maybe the reason?). Anyone else found that annoying vibration when riding the new series Rockets?
My 2020 R3r has such a terrible vibration, that after even short rides, I don’t get off it and think to myself...” gee that was fun”. I think...” Thank god that’s over with”.

My 2020 R3r has such a terrible vibration, that after even short rides, I don’t get off it and think to myself...” gee that was fun”. I think...” Thank god that’s over with”.
Wow. Surprising. Not good. Maybe you have a problem with yours. I never think thank God it's over.

Wow. Surprising. Not good. Maybe you have a problem with yours. I never think thank God it's over.
If it is only there in first gear when taking off, sure, there is a gargantuan battle going on between the torque and the mass and they get competitive:) but it should even out quickly. If not, ride someone else's. :) I'll meet you half-way. ......Just kidding...LOL

Have you seen the astronauts shaking when under the extreme acceleration of a rocket launch? Well, there you go....LOL
Honestly, what do we expect when we push that much weight with that much force....that's why it's so very cool.
If past astronauts compared current rocket vibration, they may say vibrates more now. Well, bigger motor. There ya go.

Back