Vibration issue

I thought it was just me. My 06 rocket does the same thing I notice once I get over about 60 to 65 I get a vibration that just starts from no were. Low speeds it is smooth. :confused: I just figured it was do to those big pistons once they got to a certain Rpm the caused a resonance that you feel threw the bike.
I should try and hook up my vibration analyzer and see what I get.

My wife has a vibration analyzer but I took her batteries........................:D

Picked up my bike from the dealer through the week and went for a 250 mile ride today. The dealer updated the engine mapping to the latest version and the vibration issue is resolved. Sorry that I don't have any version numbers to share but this was a new version and the latest mapping available at this time.

IMHO the idle is also improved with this new map. I had the first update to the engine mapping to cure the stalling at idle that suddenly started happening. After that upgrade, when I came to a stop, the engine felt as if it was about to stall and would catch itself and increase the revs. In the latest version the engine slows down to idle and doesn't feel/ sound as if it's about to stall.

That's good news! I'll need to mention the "vibration" issue when I take mine in for the 10K winter update. Hopefully they can remedy mine too!

Thanks George. See ya.

The tune I had installed for the #386 idle fix was 20226 for TOR's with cat bypass removed. It's part of a new series of tunes. I contacted Wayne at Tuneboy and he said it would be okay to re install one of my tuneboy tunes over it and also that they would have the new tunes up on their website soon,
P.T.

Back