Aftermarket indicators issue

ArekDeBoss

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket 3 GT 2022
So cut the long story short I am in a process of fitting a tail tidy with aftermarket LED indicators.
Connected everything and ..... When indicators are on I get a lousy flash now and again only. Since I get a flash I assume they are connected correctly. Front indicators are working just faster. Does it mean I need relays?
And also can I have a pair of standard indicators at the front and LED at the back?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks

I'd like this question answered too. I'd like to tap into the lighting system as well to run some driving lights, etc. There are previous posts about turn signal faults being driven by incorrect software loads. So, no relays, but perhaps square waves generated by the computer module?...I imagine?... You may indeed be able to have the "square wave" drive a small relay that connects the proper 12v to the aftermarket LED. Would be nice to know the proper impedance to allow matching of the relay coil to the circuit. Not sure I would be connecting items without compatibility test and evaluation results from the vendor.

So cut the long story short I am in a process of fitting a tail tidy with aftermarket LED indicators.
Connected everything and ..... When indicators are on I get a lousy flash now and again only. Since I get a flash I assume they are connected correctly. Front indicators are working just faster. Does it mean I need relays?
And also can I have a pair of standard indicators at the front and LED at the back?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
I also changed the rear only for leds. I changed the relay for a CF13 GL-02 relay

I also changed the rear only for leds. I changed the relay for a CF13 GL-02 relay
Elaborate please.
Have you added a relay or changed the existing? And is it a relay or resistor ( if it's not the same thing)
I apologise for stupid questions

Elaborate please.
Have you added a relay or changed the existing? And is it a relay or resistor ( if it's not the same thing)
I apologise for stupid questions
Hi, fitted leds with no resistors. Swapped original relay for new . Relay is one of the two or three under the side cover if I remember rightly.It is shown in the workshop manual

On the touring i had to add diodes here inline blinkers to rear , on the roadsters i believe they can change a relay out, research on that last part

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 6
Ordered relay to replace
How do I take left side panel. Is a rely located underneath?
Right one came off easy just 3 clips
But the left one looks a bit more complicated since has a cap there and a seat lock.
Found it in a manual đź‘Ť

Last edited:
So I have taken the last panel off and... another obstacle. How to get to the rely underneath without breaking anything?

Attachments

• IMG20240320191706.jpg
    IMG20240320191706.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 6
Back