Valve tolerance

BigLaw

Standard Bore
547938_4546764987843_979286319_n.jpg

So at 19,000 on the clock this is where the valves were on my 2008. Have the valves checked at 20K. I'll do it at 40K again. I thought I heard them when she was cold but when it warmed up the noise went away. I thought it was cold injectors. Crisis averted though. 20K service at Ray Price in Raleigh NC: $580 including new tappets and extra shop time.

Easy, peace of mind

I recommend that you upgrade your cam chain tensioner while your at it.This is where any vavle issues will start , theres plenty written about it in this forum,my 2cents.:D

547938_4546764987843_979286319_n.jpg

So at 19,000 on the clock this is where the valves were on my 2008. Have the valves checked at 20K. I'll do it at 40K again. I thought I heard them when she was cold but when it warmed up the noise went away. I thought it was cold injectors. Crisis averted though. 20K service at Ray Price in Raleigh NC: $580 including new tappets and extra shop time.

Interesting to see that all those out of tolerance had opened-up and not closed-up as I would have expected.

It would be useful to know if others have found this, it would make me delay my 10k inspection that should be done soon.

Interesting to see that all those out of tolerance had opened-up and not closed-up as I would have expected.

It would be useful to know if others have found this, it would make me delay my 10k inspection that should be done soon.

Just did mine at 10000 and 2 had closed to 0.05 (inlet) and 1 closed down to 0.12 (ex)
Now got a nice new cam chain (looks nothing like the old one!) guides (had the old bendy one in) fitted tripples and it runs better than I do. :D

Pierre

Just did mine at 10000 and 2 had closed to 0.05 (inlet) and 1 closed down to 0.12 (ex)
Now got a nice new cam chain (looks nothing like the old one!) guides (had the old bendy one in) fitted tripples and it runs better than I do. :D

Pierre

Umm - looks like the 10k check is back on schedule then. :eek:

Umm - looks like the 10k check is back on schedule then. :eek:

SORRY :eek: But I would do it if I was you, checking the valves is not that difficult to be honest just get a bit more involved when you need to take the cam's out.

Pierre

Back