Usable Fuel Tank Capacity

I have a pair of those exact same tanks, though I bought them for my daughter's Honda 250 Nighthawk. Long legs that one at nearly 70 mpg.

For a period my bike was low lighting at 150 miles.

Now it’s at 120 when light comes on, (mostly a factor of my wrist and not commuting on it lately) but, only 4.3 gallons fit at 120, so pleeeenty if reserve left.

Lol

Right after I removed the evaporative canister, I was at a fuel stop, and "filled it to the brim", and we rolled out, and at the stop light, @mully95 pulled up next to me to let me know, I had fuel running on the ground.

5 miles after Bike should 0 miles left took 4.3 gallons to fill to bottom of tank baffles.
Well just to the baffles sounds like a plan.

Any way.
I guess the original question was how far you can go after the warning light goes on. As others have pointed out the fuel pumps needs gas to cool it so running really low on a regular basis is probably a bad idea.
I would assume the distance is calculated based on current fuel consumption. So it would be different if you are running the turns and twist in 2nd and 3rd vs cruising along the highway in 5th.

Rick

Rick, I don’t know how the bike calculates the km left, not sure the bike does but my fuel light comes on fairly consistently around the 220 KM mark. I know when doing highway riding I can go to 300km to 330km before filling and that is way beyond the 0km left.

Back