Usable Fuel Tank Capacity

gR3yWolf

Turbocharged
Ride
'07 Classic
In the 11+ years I've had my Rocket I've never run out of fuel. That being said, I was wondering if anyone has determined the maximum amount of fuel that can be drawn out before she coughs to a stop?

He's asking the opposite I think.
After you ran out of gas, how much did it take to fill up afterwards?
I put in 6 gallons once but I hadn't run dry.

Exactly...I guess I should have explained it better. The specs say the tank capacity is 6.5 US gallons; however, that doesn't necessarily mean I can burn all 6.5 gallons. So, my question was, if anyone out there has ever run out, how much were you able to put back in to top off the tank. (JRock, do you think I got it right?)

My dumb @ss ran out! It died, but then would crank back up & go another 100 yards or so. Died again & cranked again, then another 50 yards into a petro station - Took 6.1 or 6.2 gals to fill, i think :confused: o_O :banghead: :banghead:

I had put 6 gallon in my 06 classic that I used to have before it got totaled

i have never run out but barely over 6 gallons
i would say at 6 gallons u better get your walking shoes ready:rolleyes::(:mad::eek::sick::x3:

Why, you ask? I've alway started looking for fuel at 130 miles and started sweating bullets when I hit 155-160 miles. I always thought I might be stopping more frequently than needed on a long trip. I usually average around 30-mpg highway on a trip, so that meant i should have a reserve of 30-50 miles if I really ran through a dry patch, but I never knew for sure. Knowing what I know now, I believe good walking shoes will be a must if I go for 180 miles.

Back