Upgrading your clutch springs?? What NOT to buy... MTC

I am wondering if anyone with MTC’s clutch basket noticed the engine being a little smoother at higher rpm’s??

Not me. It vibrates more than I'd like it to and possibly even more than stock but that could just be my bad memory or imagination. It's certainly not smoother though.

Come to think of it the MTC springs they sent me were labeled Kawasaki KZ 900/1000. I'm not sure if they are the same. Most likely because it was back before I went with their clutch basket. Mine was sure not to last.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

Word back from TTS is that the springs they sell with their supercharger kit for the Rocket are only 10% stronger than stock. While better than MTC I'm not sure what the point is in that.

Kudos to Carpenter Racing for giving us the option for some truly beefier springs to help prevent clutch slip. 65 to 70% stronger than stock.

The ones Bob Carpenter supplied.

I did email (Robert)Carpenter for a couple of times for ordering their clutchsprings and headstuds : No response. No, I'm not totally correct, when they asked me the first time after ordering were to shipping , no response anymore… :sleep: Any suggestions getting those parts somehow ?

Riding with TA this August at RAA West in Washington, It sure looked like his bike is running well now. When he twisted the throttle that bike blew past everybody and was gone in a heartbeat. VERY IMPRESSIVE.

DSCN7319.JPG DSCN7283.JPG DSCN7337.JPG DSCN7336.JPG

I suppose it depends how they count when it comes to measuring spring strength. They could mean 10% stronger in total, or that each spring is 10% stronger meaning that the force acting on the clutch as a whole is 50% stronger.

Riding with TA this August at RAA West in Washington, It sure looked like his bike is running well now. When he twisted the throttle that bike blew past everybody and was gone in a heartbeat. VERY IMPRESSIVE.

DSCN7319.JPG DSCN7283.JPG DSCN7337.JPG DSCN7336.JPG

Loved watching TA run away when twisting the throttle, really made me miss my rocket at the time haha.

I did email (Robert)Carpenter for a couple of times for ordering their clutchsprings and headstuds : No response. No, I'm not totally correct, when they asked me the first time after ordering were to shipping , no response anymore… :sleep: Any suggestions getting those parts somehow ?
I'll see about giving them a call. About both items.

Back