Updated Tunes

A complete list of all of the stock tunes is here...

http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?p=709#post709

Look like the only difference I can see (in Tunedit) between the newest tunes and the previous released tunes is that the idle is set at 850 instead of 820. There maybe some other vodoo going on in there that we can't see in Tunedit.

I also wonder if Triumph is trying to better encrypt their tunes and if that is why Wayne has to release a update to Tunedit each time Triumph releases new tunes?

It has always been that why. There has only been one or two tunes that have the secondaries open in 4th and 5th gears. I think that is how Triumph richens the fuel mix for the tunes with exhaust mods. And what's the kicker is that people went to their dealer and paid money for a tune for aftermarket exhaust, only to get a more restrictive tune.

It has always been that why. There has only been one or two tunes that have the secondaries open in 4th and 5th gears. I think that is how Triumph richens the fuel mix for the tunes with exhaust mods. And what's the kicker is that people went to their dealer and paid money for a tune for aftermarket exhaust, only to get a more restrictive tune.

Wayne must have an agreement with Triumph to post their latest tunes. But Triumph must be aware that Wayne provides modified (unrestricted) tunes to the public. This could be legit for Triumph because Wayne supplies those modified tunes for free.

I don't think Wayne has an agreement, I think he has a dealer that lets him borrow the Triumph tool. Notice that when the last two sets of tunes came out he had to release a new version of Tunedit because the older versions were not able to open the new tunes. Which would lead me to speculate Triumph is trying to encrypt them or changes the format.

I don't think Wayne has an agreement, I think he has a dealer that lets him borrow the Triumph tool. Notice that when the last two sets of tunes came out he had to release a new version of Tunedit because the older versions were not able to open the new tunes. Which would lead me to speculate Triumph is trying to encrypt them or changes the format.

Do you think there are legal or copyright issues? If a dealer in Oz is doing something Triumph has a problem with, wouldn't Triumph respond?

dougl,
i think you are on the right track. there may be a gentlemen' s agreement between both so that triumph may have some liability relief by not offering extreme tuning to the public,but allowing the process through wayne. i personally think it's a win/win for wayne and triumph. if this is the case,i hope the situation continues. i like what wayne does, and also like triumph rIII's.i'm sure triumph likes wayne as much as we do.

greg........

Dougl- I don't think cracking the ECU would fall under copyright laws. There is no loss to Triumph. It's like removing the governor off of an engine or removing the secondaries for that matter. Wayne has made mention in the past that he has a connection with a dealer.

Triumph offers a race ECU for the 675 and other race components in partnership with Paul Young racing. They also offer Arrow exhaust for both the S3 and 675. All parts that are not street legal and make the bike more powerful, however they make money on them.

Go to T595.net, to the fuel injection and tuning forum. There is a lot of info there regarding the creation of Tuneboy. This thread also gives a little insight http://www.t595.net/messageboard/thread/WAYNES-TUNEBOY/2453.aspx

Back