UK R3 Newbie here !

Very nice .

Now start by replacing rear shocks , much much better .

Get rid of the cat , loose some weight and get better sound ,

And then...........................oh hell it never stops

That's a great welcome! Thanks all. Just picked up my Rocket today - WOW!! Like nothing I've ever ridden. First impressions after just 1 day (and a brief test ride at Eddys in Leeds - who've been great with me so far)

Weight: it's heavy, but once above 2 or 3 mph - it feels normal.
Power: Not gone mad so far but yes it's going to be quick. I LOVE the grunt - incredible.
Riding position: Never had a crusier style before but already adjusting to it. Had a few "feet pawing mid air" moments after pulling away - those controls a bit further forward than I'm used to!
Suspension: Hmm, leat favourite bit. Was expecting bouncy on bad rounds and have got it. Better on most roads than I was expecting but am definitely going to have to change the shocks.
Brakes: Great, not scary but surprisingly effective. Rear feels a bit strong but I'll soon adjust.
Gearbox: Much better than I expected, still notchy and clanking in places but in a few thou it will be much better still I'm sure.
Style: Jaw dropping, I still can't stop going out to the garage and looking at it. Have started the chrome polishing already, the results are stupendous. I think my usual winter riding will demand a lot of elbow grease though to keep on top of it.

But what I didn't expect, what's really got me captivated, is just how I feel riding the Rocket. It just feels such a special bike, with that great crucufix type riding position and such a crazy big engine at your disposal. Already the bike has had more attention than any other I've had and I kind of like that too. I can't think of a bike that made me feel this good about it, warts and all. I'm impressed.

Enjoy the weekend folks, there's riding to be done.....

P.

PS Here's the beast:
c:\web resources\photos\rocket 3\23_06_07-Collection-day.jpg

Great update Pstar. My first change was progressive shocks and boy did they make a world of difference. I think the seat needs help too but that maybe do to my skinny ass. I put on some sheep skin and doubled my riding comfort. Great pic as well. Love the blk on blk. Sunny day in the UK on your first day of ownership. You sure rate!!

Be safe but every now and then, ride it like you stole it!

Last edited:
riding position/"feet pawing mid air"

hello ****star,
Getting used to riding position, be careful, this bike is so comfortable to ride, it can almost come out from under you. or you can litterally fly off of it. On my third day of owning mine, on the way home from work on the interstate highway, I was cruising along at about 80 mph. sitting there all relaxed, and i punched it to pass a few cars, went from 80 to about 110 within a second or two, and the wind resistance caught the bottom of my workboot and raised my right foot/leg and it almost through me off of the bike. now when I cruise at high speed for long distances I keep my feet tucked under the brake pedal and shifter lever.
Have fun with your new bike... Bob

****star:

Sounds like the fun quotient is already ramping up. Be apprised though, this bike isn't miserly on fuel and in as much as you pay a bit more than us here stateside, use discretion with your right wrist. Also, be prepared to changeout the rear tire on a regular basis, especially if your right wrist suffers fom frequent spasms. The R3 is a tire eater. Guys here stateside are getting 2 tires to 1 oil change. Should be the other way around, but it isn't.

Hi ****star you should give the uk site another shout send a email and let them know your genuine they are a good bunch you just might have to change your sign in /forum name as things do get a tad political ask sully he knows to well

Im from the northeast but theres a good few members from the yorkshire area with plenty of rideouts

1sftthumbre the avatar on the uk site is mine not sullys (madtaz) met you a couple of times at MandS durham

Sorry madtaz never been to Durham so it aint me, but I assumed (never assume you make an ASS out of U and Me) that the avatar was the same. will join a UK rideout one day, but only if you promise not to measure my plenum................................

Back