Ugly License Plate/Rear Signal Holder

I dropped the reflector off for a start.
Then simply moved the plate upwards and drilled new holes for the plate and bolted it up.
The indicators are still in the same place, but have painted them black, so they kinda disappear a little.
Indicators still shinny in this pic.
E1.JPG

I haven't moved the plate up yet, but I replaced the indicators with alloy LEDs that are smaller and much brighter. Being black they just about disappear.
These were from Ebay. Grill Style Black Aluminium LED Indicators for Harley Davidson Sportster Dyna | eBay

IMG_20180303_172335.jpg

IMG_20180303_172509.jpg

Ok, one thing I just really don't care for about the R3 is the big honkin' license plate/signal holder hanging off the back fender. I see that they sell a "relocation bracket" that seems to just raise it up and pull the signals in a bit.

What options are out there to just get rid of the bracket hanging off the back fender altogether? Anyone out there do anything they think works well? Do share!

Removes the entire plate holder/Indicator section and replace it with avery much lighter and neater and easier to see plate holder that is a full 3-4 inches shorter ( see more of the tire) with integrated flashers.
IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG

Last edited:
Back