Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
Ever been bumped from behind? I probably shouldn’t make lite of this subject. I know it’s happened to many riders. And I have a close personal friend who was injured badly in a rear smash accident on her bike. But this is the one a guy gets to laugh at, n gets away with. OMG, I’m already giggling to myself as I type this lol. ....So it’s last summer... gorgeous mid day ride. I’m on my brand new bike. driving down Main Street. Traffic’s busy, but reasonable. I come up, front of the line to the next red light intersection. I’m already in neutral, so I just put my landing gear down, and sit there. The light turns green, so I go to “ first it.” Before I even get it into gear I feel a slight ( n I mean slight) bump. I wasn’t honestly sure if I’d been hit, or if something I did caused the strange movement. I looked in my mirrors, and sure enough this white car was practically on top of my rear tire. I didn’t care that the light had turned green. Didn’t care that I was going to hold up traffic behind my lane. Kicked down the bike stand, got off, walked in front of this dudes $$$AUDI Sedan. Still had my full face blackened modular helmet on. With dark shades under it. Was wearing nothing but a leather vest, n jeans. I’m a big guy. Stood in front of his bumper, arms outstretched to both sides, n gave him the universal..” WTF DUDE” signal....Car door opens, n out comes this tiny little Asian dude. Like 85 lbs soaking wet. Poor little guy has this look on his face like he’s just seen Godzilla. He’s walks up to me, n the first thing he says...🥺..” I can give you money!” I said nothing at this point. I just inspected his front bumper....Not even a scratch. Looked at my bikes tiny plastic tire guard ( fully expecting some kind of damage). I 💩you not. The only thing that happened was my little license plates bottom left corner was bent in about an inch. I looked at him( still standing terrified), reached down with my fingers, n easily bent the plate back to shape. I gave him a buddy slap on his left shoulder, n said “ Today’s your lucky day “. For which I guarantee he couldn’t hear do to traffic wizzing by, my helmet still on, and my propensity to mumble at the best of times. I got back on my bike, clicked into gear, and left. I don’t know if the dude was more shocked that I hadn’t tried to fleece him. Or expected me to drive to the nearest police station, or insurance broker. But he followed me at distance for at least 6/7 miles before finally feeling comfortable enough to turn off and ( go home).....Some of you are going think I’m either a fool, or of good character to have let him go. But honestly...A bent license plate was worth the forever memory of ...🥺” I can give you money.” 🤣.

Ever been bumped from behind? I probably shouldn’t make lite of this subject. I know it’s happened to many riders. And I have a close personal friend who was injured badly in a rear smash accident on her bike. But this is the one a guy gets to laugh at, n gets away with. OMG, I’m already giggling to myself as I type this lol. ....So it’s last summer... gorgeous mid day ride. I’m on my brand new bike. driving down Main Street. Traffic’s busy, but reasonable. I come up, front of the line to the next red light intersection. I’m already in neutral, so I just put my landing gear down, and sit there. The light turns green, so I go to “ first it.” Before I even get it into gear I feel a slight ( n I mean slight) bump. I wasn’t honestly sure if I’d been hit, or if something I did caused the strange movement. I looked in my mirrors, and sure enough this white car was practically on top of my rear tire. I didn’t care that the light had turned green. Didn’t care that I was going to hold up traffic behind my lane. Kicked down the bike stand, got off, walked in front of this dudes $$$AUDI Sedan. Still had my full face blackened modular helmet on. With dark shades under it. Was wearing nothing but a leather vest, n jeans. I’m a big guy. Stood in front of his bumper, arms outstretched to both sides, n gave him the universal..” WTF DUDE” signal....Car door opens, n out comes this tiny little Asian dude. Like 85 lbs soaking wet. Poor little guy has this look on his face like he’s just seen Godzilla. He’s walks up to me, n the first thing he says...🥺..” I can give you money!” I said nothing at this point. I just inspected his front bumper....Not even a scratch. Looked at my bikes tiny plastic tire guard ( fully expecting some kind of damage). I 💩you not. The only thing that happened was my little license plates bottom left corner was bent in about an inch. I looked at him( still standing terrified), reached down with my fingers, n easily bent the plate back to shape. I gave him a buddy slap on his left shoulder, n said “ Today’s your lucky day “. For which I guarantee he couldn’t hear do to traffic wizzing by, my helmet still on, and my propensity to mumble at the best of times. I got back on my bike, clicked into gear, and left. I don’t know if the dude was more shocked that I hadn’t tried to fleece him. Or expected me to drive to the nearest police station, or insurance broker. But he followed me at distance for at least 6/7 miles before finally feeling comfortable enough to turn off and ( go home).....Some of you are going think I’m either a fool, or of good character to have let him go. But honestly...A bent license plate was worth the forever memory of ...🥺” I can give you money.” 🤣.
N yes. That’s the only thing he said to me during the entire incident lol.

Funny. I just had a guy bump my bike trailer that lightly last week, I have magnetic lights, all he did was tip one over, I pulled into a parking lot and stood it back up, he took off, didn't pull in.

Funny. I just had a guy bump my bike trailer that lightly last week, I have magnetic lights, all he did was tip one over, I pulled into a parking lot and stood it back up, he took off, didn't pull in.
In California that scenario is 99% of accidents. The funny ones are when it's a rear end collision and both parties flee the scene. Insurance? Nope. License? Nope. Sober? Nope. Stolen plates? Affirmative.:thumbsup:

Back