I'd love to get tuneecu for the bike, but these guys flat out suck at communicating. Anybody have any inside info? I asked Alain on facebook, and he linked me to their forum with no info, and read my subsequent message without responding. Messaged one of the mods, and he said it would never happen, then a coupe of days later another mod posted that it's coming soon. I'm not trying to blast them, but things like a fractured front and extremely limited info being shared does not stoke confidence.
Maybe I'm spoiled by the tuner for my VW. He's infinitely busy, but always takes time to at least say "hey, I'm busy, I'll get back to you."

I'd love to get tuneecu for the bike, but these guys flat out suck at communicating. Anybody have any inside info? I asked Alain on facebook, and he linked me to their forum with no info, and read my subsequent message without responding. Messaged one of the mods, and he said it would never happen, then a coupe of days later another mod posted that it's coming soon. I'm not trying to blast them, but things like a fractured front and extremely limited info being shared does not stoke confidence.
Maybe I'm spoiled by the tuner for my VW. He's infinitely busy, but always takes time to at least say "hey, I'm busy, I'll get back to you."
Alain posted an updated bikes list on FB on Sep 17 which has the new R3 with diagnostics and writing. This is a change from the last bikes list which showed only diagnostics. But, you need a map to write. I asked about this, no response so far. However, I expect maps for the R3 to be released soon.

The stock maps for the new Rocket are out. These work only with the Android version of TuneECU. You can get them by joining TuneECU.boards.net, under “what’s new”. You need a device like a Samsung Galaxy tablet or phone, an ODBlink Lx, Mx, or Mx+ Bluetooth adapter, and the TuneECU program, which you buy for about $10 off the Google play store.

The maps for the R and GT are the same. Looking at the R map, you can up the rev limit from 7000 to 7400. I don’t see a speed limit. What is most apparent is that the electronic throttle goes no higher than about 64% at 100% throttle position. at high rpm. This value is typically 100% at 100% TP on the T120 and Thruxton maps, so it looks like the power delivery is significantly restricted, as it was on the old Rockets. The only difference with the TFC map is that the electronic throttle goes up to 76% in the road and sport modes.

The stock maps for the new Rocket are out. These work only with the Android version of TuneECU. You can get them by joining TuneECU.boards.net, under “what’s new”. You need a device like a Samsung Galaxy tablet or phone, an ODBlink Lx, Mx, or Mx+ Bluetooth adapter, and the TuneECU program, which you buy for about $10 off the Google play store.

The maps for the R and GT are the same. Looking at the R map, you can up the rev limit from 7000 to 7400. I don’t see a speed limit. What is most apparent is that the electronic throttle goes no higher than about 64% at 100% throttle position. at high rpm. This value is typically 100% at 100% TP on the T120 and Thruxton maps, so it looks like the power delivery is significantly restricted, as it was on the old Rockets. The only difference with the TFC map is that the electronic throttle goes up to 76% in the road and sport modes.
Are you able to change the throttle percent on tuneECU? Or flash a TFC map onto a R to get it up to that 76 percent? Im unfamiliar with this program, but ive used HPtuners for all of my GM vehicles, so i have some knowledge with how tuning programs work.

I recall a review of the new Rocket on MCN and the guy said the bike lacked guts above midrange.
So he was right, after all.

Today is about to be expensive. Ordered the MX+, a Samsung tablet, and about to find out how much I'm going to get soaked for on the next phone.

Are you able to change the throttle percent on tuneECU? Or flash a TFC map onto a R to get it up to that 76 percent? Im unfamiliar with this program, but ive used HPtuners for all of my GM vehicles, so i have some knowledge with how tuning programs work.
Yes you can change it. There is a table for each riding mode. Don’t know if you can load the TFC map into an R or GT. The maps are comparable. They conform. That doesn’t mean the ECU won’t throw a fit. What you can do is copy the TFC ETV table into the R map.

Here is the latest TuneECU manual. It's on Facebook in the TuneECU group, which you should join.

Here is the latest TuneECU manual. It's on Facebook in the TuneECU group, which you should join.

Saved the file.
Since this is my first experience with this software, is there a datalog capability? I know when tuning my car, I'd set it up to log, the dyno operator would do a pull, then I'd be able to review the log after and send to the tuner for adjustments. Worked wonderfully. This seems like it'll need a bunch more in person activity instead of being able to handle it remotely.

Back