Sad to say the tuning and performance industry at least in the USA is getting strangled. Many OEM companies received large penalties for their “off-road, race application” parts and accessories.

Also, the EPA has gone after many small companies that alter the vehicles emissions equipment. Often with incredibly harsh fines.

New ECU’s are required to be made “tamper proof”.

It won’t be long before we are attempting to put carburetors on our bikes!
Yes
Was thinking of 3 flatside Mikuni's

At this point I’m glad I’m pretty well pleased with my new bike. Always would love more power but I’ll wait a bit till more options are developed.

To answer a previous question, there has not been a 2.3 TFC Rocket.

The latest TuneEcu bikes list contains the 2020 Rockets. This is for the Android version and connection is with bluetooth using the OBDLink LX or MX+. Only diagnostics are possible, no writing maps yet. Soon, I’d bet.

The chances of tuning the Rocket MY 2020 models with TuneECU are very poor. If it should ever be possible, so it works like on other newer models, only via Bluetooth.
As with other newer Triumph models, the required hardware will be an OTG-capable Android device in connection with a Bluetooth adapter such as the OBDLink LX, MX or MX +, only these three adapters are fully compatible.

From Tom on the tuneecu forums.

From Tom on the tuneecu forums.
When did Tom write this? Danielle at DNK Tuneworks has produced some great tunes for the new watercooled twins. Once Alain hacks the Rocket ECU and the Rocket tunes are published, I’d bet there will be a good bit of unleashing going on.

from the new bikes list (9/5/20)

r1.jpg
r2.jpg

Last edited:
When did Tom write this? Danielle at DNK Tuneworks has produced some great tunes for the new watercooled twins. Once Alain hacks the Rocket ECU and the Rocket tunes are published, I’d bet there will be a good bit of unleashing going on.

from the new bikes list (9/5/20)

r1.jpg
r2.jpg
August 25th when I asked what hardware they expected to be necessary in a PM.

Ah, well things have changed as of yesterday. Hopefully there aren’t any huge technical obstacles unique to the Rocket to prevent writing modified maps.
I hope they sort it before dynojet puts out the PCV, that's coming out within a couple of months, and my exhaust is shipping on Tuesday.

Back