Tuneecu success story

An after- market exhaust isn't very specific. Are you running slip-ons or a full header/silencer system with crossover? It makes a big difference. Also your pod filter is that 3 pods, a Ramair, or a K&N under the seat? Do you have TuneEcu available to load a new map and to tell you what map you have? Also the exhaust on these bikes gets very hot even with the correct map installed.

An after- market exhaust isn't very specific. Are you running slip-ons or a full header/silencer system with crossover? It makes a big difference. Also your pod filter is that 3 pods, a Ramair, or a K&N under the seat? Do you have TuneEcu available to load a new map and to tell you what map you have? Also the exhaust on these bikes gets very hot even with the correct map installed.
I have a full headers silencer with cross over. I have access toTuneEcu. What's best to run it on laptop or phone? Sorry didn't mean that you had to adopt me to get this done. Thank you for your help.

I have a full headers silencer with cross over. I have access toTuneEcu. What's best to run it on laptop or phone? Sorry didn't mean that you had to adopt me to get this done. Thank you for your help.
lap top
phone more for info

Depends on what you want to do with it, e.g. for most stuff like remapping, ISCV reset, tests on fan, secondary throttles etc it must be done with ignition on but engine not running.
Whereas for a couple things like throttle balancing it must be running .
And the engine should be hot not cold to balance correctly. Not that it takes long to heat up, even at idle.

Sorry, it is a 2012 R3R it has had an after market exhaust, pod air filter and an unknown tune. I purchased the bike like this so I’m not sure about it.
I downloaded tuneecu and was able to see which tune is on the bike. It’s running 20355. Reading the description it fits my Roadster.

I haven't used Tune ECU for a couple of years on my '08 R3T. Then I had it on my desktop computer, which is in the garage. I would just pull the bike up next to my desk and hook it up. Worked pretty well.

Recently I wanted to hook the bike up and use Tune ECU and found that I can no longer use it on my desktop -- only on an Android after buying the program from the Google Play Store. Okay, I thought I would give that a try. I bought the app and downloaded it to my phone. Hooked it up to the bike and cannot get it to connect. I am using the same cable that I used when I was on the desktop. Tried everything I could think of. The app opens but it will not connect to the bike. So I installed the app on my Chromebook. Same thing -- will not connect. I even tried a different cable (the one that I use for DealerTool on my Trophy) and no go.

I have read and re-read a ton of information on the Tune ECU site and am very frustrated at this point. I know the app is nice when it works, but the information on the web site is not well presented and after I am on there for a while trying to find out why I can't get the bike to connect I feel like screaming. Maybe it is the cable, but the cable I have worked fine when I was using it on the desktop.

Yuk!

I haven't used Tune ECU for a couple of years on my '08 R3T. Then I had it on my desktop computer, which is in the garage. I would just pull the bike up next to my desk and hook it up. Worked pretty well.

Recently I wanted to hook the bike up and use Tune ECU and found that I can no longer use it on my desktop -- only on an Android after buying the program from the Google Play Store. Okay, I thought I would give that a try. I bought the app and downloaded it to my phone. Hooked it up to the bike and cannot get it to connect. I am using the same cable that I used when I was on the desktop. Tried everything I could think of. The app opens but it will not connect to the bike. So I installed the app on my Chromebook. Same thing -- will not connect. I even tried a different cable (the one that I use for DealerTool on my Trophy) and no go.

I have read and re-read a ton of information on the Tune ECU site and am very frustrated at this point. I know the app is nice when it works, but the information on the web site is not well presented and after I am on there for a while trying to find out why I can't get the bike to connect I feel like screaming. Maybe it is the cable, but the cable I have worked fine when I was using it on the desktop.

Yuk!

What adapter are you using to connect the cable to the phone?

It must be an OTG type, other types will physically connect but don't work good

What adapter are you using to connect the cable to the phone?

It must be an OTG type, other types will physically connect but don't work good
I connected the Cable to one of these, then ran the phone cable out the other side of this into the phone. Is that my problem?
1626037950912.png

Back