Tuneecu success story

The Duke

2018 r3 roadster Groveland, Ca.
Ride
2018 r3 roadster
I want to give a big shout out to this forum! I have been reading post and threads on tunes and how to use tuneecu for awhile now. I finally got the courage to go for it and downloaded ver 2.5.8 for windows, ordered and received the loneelec adaptor and followed the steps as provided by tuneecu and this forum. I have a 2018 roadster with Tor’s and I went with the single k&n under the tank, I downloaded one of Hans0’s tunes, synced the throttle bodies and adjusted the TPS. What a difference in the way the bike runs, it doesn’t have all the bucking and jerking at low speed, low rpm any more. The acceleration is smooth all the way through the power band! So much more fun to ride now. I appreciate everyone’s contributions on this site and especially the variety of tunes to access!! I had no issues with tuneecu connection that I couldn’t solve by reading threads on this forum, it worked flawlessly for me! Thanks to all and keep up the good work! The weather is beautiful right now in Northern California so it’s time to go ride! Be safe everyone and enjoy!

I want to give a big shout out to this forum! I have been reading post and threads on tunes and how to use tuneecu for awhile now. I finally got the courage to go for it and downloaded ver 2.5.8 for windows, ordered and received the loneelec adaptor and followed the steps as provided by tuneecu and this forum. I have a 2018 roadster with Tor’s and I went with the single k&n under the tank, I downloaded one of Hans0’s tunes, synced the throttle bodies and adjusted the TPS. What a difference in the way the bike runs, it doesn’t have all the bucking and jerking at low speed, low rpm any more. The acceleration is smooth all the way through the power band! So much more fun to ride now. I appreciate everyone’s contributions on this site and especially the variety of tunes to access!! I had no issues with tuneecu connection that I couldn’t solve by reading threads on this forum, it worked flawlessly for me! Thanks to all and keep up the good work! The weather is beautiful right now in Northern California so it’s time to go ride! Be safe everyone and enjoy!
Question, does the rocket need to be powered up or running in order to use tuneecu.

Depends on what you want to do with it, e.g. for most stuff like remapping, ISCV reset, tests on fan, secondary throttles etc it must be done with ignition on but engine not running.
Whereas for a couple things like throttle balancing it must be running .

I’ve been advised (people from this forum) I need to do a tune to reduce the heat from my headers. The bike is some what original except for aftermarket exhaust. How do I know which tune is correct?

You haven't given any info on your bike other than somewhat original with aftermarket pipes. What's somewhat? Tell us what you got and we'll put our top men on it.
Sorry, it is a 2012 R3R it has had an after market exhaust, pod air filter and an unknown tune. I purchased the bike like this so I’m not sure about it.

Back