TuneECU site closing!

Can someone tell me how to get a key for the computer version. I too bought the android ap which works but I would like to be able to hook it to the lap top so I can make my own adjustments. The numbers are too small to see on my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

For some reason I can't get my computer to hook up to the bike. I don't have an issue connecting the Android ap. The reason I thought there might be a code was that it was mentioned in @warp9.9 original post on the Tune Ecu how to:

Simple over view:
1 - Download latest version of TuneECU. Unzip into new folder.
2 - Download key. Unzip into folder above.
3 - Download FTDI chip driver for cable.
4 - Order OBD-USB FTDI cable for VAG (VW Audi Group) and install drivers when cable arrives.
5 - Download any/all related maps for your bike.
6 - Open map and connect to bike (key and kill switch on, engine not running).
7 - Under ECU at top, select Read Map. This will upload the map from the ECU.
8 - Save the original map with a new name. Preferably in a new file for your future maps.
9 - Open map file you want to load to bike's ECU.
10 - Download map to ECU.

I however did not download any maps. Do I have to have a map opened to get it to connect to the bike?

For some reason I can't get my computer to hook up to the bike. I don't have an issue connecting the Android ap. The reason I thought there might be a code was that it was mentioned in @warp9.9 original post on the Tune Ecu how to:

Simple over view:
1 - Download latest version of TuneECU. Unzip into new folder.
2 - Download key. Unzip into folder above.
3 - Download FTDI chip driver for cable.
4 - Order OBD-USB FTDI cable for VAG (VW Audi Group) and install drivers when cable arrives.
5 - Download any/all related maps for your bike.
6 - Open map and connect to bike (key and kill switch on, engine not running).
7 - Under ECU at top, select Read Map. This will upload the map from the ECU.
8 - Save the original map with a new name. Preferably in a new file for your future maps.
9 - Open map file you want to load to bike's ECU.
10 - Download map to ECU.

I however did not download any maps. Do I have to have a map opened to get it to connect to the bike?

No map required. Try restarting the PC. Try airplane mode. Close all other apps. No USB devices except the cable. Administrator login.

All steps I’ve had to take in the past.

ok. Should I be able to open a map without it connected to the bike? I should have two maps available to look at. Where do I put them so I can look at them?

Yes. What I do is create a new folder in my "My Documents" called TuneECU, with no space. The inside that folder I make two folders, OEMTunes, and Tunertunes. Drop the TuneECU application into the TuneECU folder and place the tune files you have in the OEMTunes or Tunertunes folder depending what they are.

Then open TuneECU. Go to "File" on the menu bar, click "Open", and navigate in the window to "My Documents" then to the correct folder to find your tune and double click it.

As an example, here is my tuneECU folder. There is no "right" way to do this, however helps you remember where to find whatever you're looking for is correct:
My Folder.png

Last edited:
Yes. What I do is create a new folder in my "My Documents" called TuneECU, with no space. The inside that folder I make two folders, OEMTunes, and Tunertunes. Drop the TuneECU application into the TuneECU folder and place the tune files you have in the OEMTunes or Tunertunes folder depending what they are.

Then open TuneECU. Go to "File" on the menu bar, click "Open", and navigate in the window to "My Documents" then to the correct folder to find your tune and double click it.
Should Tunes not go in "My Music"? :coffee:

Thanks. I find it funny that I am having difficulty with the PC and am able to use my android phone. I just loaded @1sgt tune into my bike. He has a Dane pipe and foam air filter. I have K&Ns and a straight pipe.

Thanks. I find it funny that I am having difficulty with the PC and am able to use my android phone. I just loaded @1sgt tune into my bike. He has a Dane pipe and foam air filter. I have K&Ns and a straight pipe.

Come north, Norm!
Nels awaits . . .

Back