TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
Okay.. So I have my bike from the dealer. They loaded the TORs tune which sucked with the Jardines and was so lean I probably shouldn't have ridden it home.

I apparently don't know what I am doing when I load a tune, because the bike is now not idling again and running like crap and it doesn't make any difference what tune I load.

I need help.. Here's what I think I know.

Step 1 - Bring up TuneECU with your preferred tune on your laptop.
Step 2 - Remove the headlight fuse and connect bike to laptop with the OBD-II/USB cable
Step 3 - Allow TuneECU to discover the ECU and show all info.
Step 4 - If you want to load a new map.. "Download" the map to the ECU.
Step 5 - Once downloaded.. turn the ignition off, (replace headlight fuse at this point)then back on for 10 seconds, then back off.. and then back on.
Step 6 - Once TuneECU see's your bike's ECU.. Reset the TPS..
Step 7 - Start the bike and let it idle until is smooths out..

My problem, is the bike never smooths out and runs like crap no matter what I do..
This bike runs great when all is right, but right now, I'm just about sick of it..

Are your throttle bodys in sync ?
Im no expert by any stretch of the imagination but im just trying to figure out what it may be.
you can check on the diagnostics screen of tune ecu
:cool:

I just went through it one more time.. just like in the TuneECU you tube video to no avail.. ugh.. I was so looking forward to a road trip on the bike this weekend.. looks like I'm stuck with the car..

Yeah.. I will in the morning.. but I know what they are gonna say.. I loaded a new tune on there... that is the problem.. Of course, we would be glad to charge you $80.00 an hour to look around your bike some more..

Tx,

Not sure if this will help, but here is what worked for me:

http://www.r3owners.net/tuneecu-source/7831-tune-ecu-success.html

Last few months I have been getting fast idle occasionally after long hauls. Hope it is not TPS disease. Seems to happen more often when it is really hot. Funny thing - - When I let it idle in neutral for about 30 seconds, the engine will eventually settle in at normal idle speed and stay steady.

This leads me to believe there is something going on with the ignition advance or fuel map that is dependent on gear position. Need to hook up to diagnostic mode when this is happening. Why else would idle speed change when you change gear position?

Also check IAT. Target idle speed is higher on a cold engine and then gets reduced in about 5 steps as the engine warms up. As a test, you could set all 5 steps at the same idle speed and see if things stabilize. Maybe there is a faulty IAT sensor?

Are you able to get TuneECU to download the map to the ECU? Just to confirm, after downloading to the ECU and doing the key on/off thing, try to upload the tune that is actually in the ECU. Then do a compare to the map you just downloaded. This will allow you to switch back and forth between what is actually in the ECU and what you intended. Maybe you can see the differences. Map compare instructions are in my post.

Hope this helps. How's the drought up your way? Not looking forward to the crazies lighting off fireworks. Not really wishing for a hurricane here on the coast, but we could use a mini storm to break the cycle.

Good luck.

Those are definitley good ideas..

The drought is bad... We went an 18 month period without rain a year or two ago, and now this one.. Been losing trees on my property. My wife read somewhere that due to the amount of rainfall we've had (lack of) that our area is now officially declared desert..

TORS Tune

Ready to install the A9608090 TORS set on 08 R3T.
I have the cable and Tune ECU ready.
Question is which tune to use. The TuneECU site has about 5 tunes listed under the R3T.
Thanks for the help.

Ready to install the A9608090 TORS set on 08 R3T.
I have the cable and Tune ECU ready.
Question is which tune to use. The TuneECU site has about 5 tunes listed under the R3T.
Thanks for the help.

For Standard RIII with TORS

20225 Use with aftermarket silencers with catalyst.

20226 Use with aftermarket silencers, catbox removed.

or

20228 Use with aftermarket silencers without catalyst.

I hope it helps.

BR, Tom

Back