Resource icon

Resource Download Tuneboy livetune v4 for ramair filter and aftermarket exhaust 2018-06-02

No permission to download

ratsidecar

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket III
ratsidecar submitted a new resource:

Tuneboy livetune v4 for ramair filter and aftermarket exhaust - Tuneboy livetune v4 for ramair filter and aftermarket exhaust

Tuneboy livetune v4 for ramair filter and aftermarket exhaust. Based on a 20222 map.
Rev limit: 6800
Fan switches on at 95C
Speedo corrected
250kph speed limiter
launch control limiter 4500rpm

I used this on a bike fitted with ramair and triple tors silencers with decat pipe. It ran hard but had some surging at lower rpm

Read more about this resource...

Hi Ratsidecar, Would you please tell us more about this tunes power and explain the low rpm surging you experienced. Did you fine a way to smooth it out ?

I never bothered with the exhaust listed above but once I changed to the TTS header and a single silencer I had to adjust things.
I added 2% more fuel at all throttle positions between 2200 and 4000rpm. 2% between 4000 and redline at 15% throttle or less. And 4% between 4000 and redline at 15-100% throttle.

Below 2200 and over 15% throttle I added 4%. Below 2200 and under 15% throttle I added 5% more fuel. Fueling was untouched at 0% throttle through the rev range. I must stress that this was done by seat of the pants feel while riding the bike to make things feel smooth and pleasant to ride and eliminate the lean surging. If it was set up properly on a dyno im sure the fueling would be very different with them needing to take fuel away at certain throttle position and rpm combinations. But its good enough for now. Fuel economy is around 32mpg with easy riding and 28mpg when riding harder. Those are UK gallons by the way (4.55 litres)

With the original header and tors I would just add around 3% more fuel below 2200 and 15% throttle and road test it to see how it feels if its cured or if it needs a little more fuel.

Back