TuneBoy Full Install May Contain Spyware

I bet your firewall settings block any file with an extentsion of .exe

I have never had an issue. That includes installing it on a computer owned and monitored by uncle sam.

Well, it's not a firewall, it's a filter, and it doesn't block .exe. it scans them all for spyware and viri though and if it finds them, it blocks it. I'll do some more research to see if it's true or not.

3ngin

Ya welcome, we have the most correct info here of all Rocket sites,even some good sheep info..Sorry your bike was not #1.I don't think Triumph even knows which one was #1..But like Hardly with the 03 anniversary editions, It don't mean beans..They made more 03 hardlys than 02 or 04 so I cant see where they would be worth more.And as you know every year Is some kind of an anniversary for hardly..Good luck with your bike as mine is one of the first ones too and Iam waiting for problems that other early bikes have had..Some have over 30.000 on them and no probs.Others have had more than one problem..Seems to be sporadic.. Again Welcome Jack

Pig might be right

I have dealt with the same issue and I use Panda software. Anytime I download any exe. file, the spyware will scan the file and give me the choice whether I wish to continue the download or abort. I actually have to turn the spyware off for this type of download which in turn lowers the protection down to "medium" from "high". I have never gotten a virus from this type of file.
You may want to just see if you can lower the spyware level until this download is done and complete your project.
Good Luck...Silver Bullet:)

Welcome and have fun, I think.

Scot:

I still like the New Zealand website the best. Did the perpetrator have 6 buckle rubber boots on.... AdultSheepFinder is over the top. Bet Jack has it in his favorites.

Belatedly, welcome to the forum. I too make most of my posts on a gummit monitored computer equipped with the latest and best gummit spy ware and monitoring. By the beast, I mean provided by the lowest bidder.

Well, it's not a firewall, it's a filter, and it doesn't block .exe. it scans them all for spyware and viri though and if it finds them, it blocks it. I'll do some more research to see if it's true or not.

If it's not blocking or at least quarantining files with an exe extension, then your administrator has changed it to allow them. The Barracudas come with .exe files blocked by default. Zip files are also commonly set up by administrators to be blocked or quarantined by the Barracuda Spam Firewall as well. We've had a Barracuda in place for about 3-1/2 years and love it. Also, just because it says it came from tuneboy.com.au doesn't necessarily mean that it did.

Back