tune question

knbaudio

.040 Over
hello guys, I have another posted but need help. I have a 2008 rocket 3 classic and just did some upgrades and use tune ecu. the bike with factory stuff was faster off line pulled wheelies 1st threw 3rd gear if I horsed on it, it did 90 MPH in 1st gear before a shift and on highway speed it was 80 MPH at 3k RPM. I got 31-33 MPG in town and 40 on highway. now it's won't pull wheelies unless I play with throttle and clutch but it will roast the tire right on if I let it 1st- 3rd gear at even 60 MPH it feels like it make more HP and torque at 3k plus. I get 29 MPG flat in town and at 3k RPM 5 gear it's only doing 70 MPH. so is there a better tune for the bike I used a tune by Wayne Macdonald from tune boy that some gave me it's tune 20050. I would like to get gas mileage back and the quickness back off the line as I can play and control that unlike roasting the tire off at the price of that plus at 60 MPH it make your ass pucker to have the tire breaks free when you horse on it. the sound is louder with the bypass and the TOR muffler which is good so people hear me. well let me know and thanks.

so you did a full power change down low and need to learn how to make the bike hook up. Time for some suspension changes to get the rear tire to hook up. There is a reason why truimph took poer awau from the lower gears !!!!! wheelies mean nothing traction is what counts. The only wheelie I worry about is at 150 mph :)

Last edited:
I have left the rear shocks on 5 as I ride with the wife on back and loaded for day trips most the time and just don't want to take the beetle bags off all time when I run by my self. but it want to roast the tire off even if I just horse on it to pass someone. why does it have different RPM and speed difference at highway speeds of 80 at 3k and now 70 at 3k RPMS.

you should compare the speedo correction on both tunes to make sure they are the same. If not you will get different rpms at highway speeds.

Someone corrected the error that is programed in the speedometer from the factory. When this is done the odometer is then off.

Back