Just some small but relevant news. Today I have stopped the Engine management Light coming on. it wasn't that difficult once I had access the triumph diagnostic tools. I reset the throttle position sensor and fixed a bad map sensor signal. I have also fitted a Dynojet lambda sensor eliminator which has given me a decent idle back (to much reversion in the exhaust was upsetting the lambda signal). looks like I will be back on the road this week. AAAHHHH I won't as I am having my carpel tunnel operated on on Thursday. Just when you think your're going to start enjoying life. :(

Just some small but relevant news. Today I have stopped the Engine management Light coming on. it wasn't that difficult once I had access the triumph diagnostic tools. I reset the throttle position sensor and fixed a bad map sensor signal. I have also fitted a Dynojet lambda sensor eliminator which has given me a decent idle back (to much reversion in the exhaust was upsetting the lambda signal). looks like I will be back on the road this week. AAAHHHH I won't as I am having my carpel tunnel operated on on Thursday. Just when you think your're going to start enjoying life. :(
Did you use the stock sensor location for the PCV sensor? I thought we would need to run two o2 sensors that way.

OK to get back on the Supercharger track. How many guys would be interested in buying one once developed (say 3 months time). Power goal is 280-300 hp. Obviously as with all my conversions power is linear and responsive, very easy to control. The whole conversion will be CNC machined and we are looking at a Carbon fibre air intake pipe running over the top of the plenum linked to the OE air box, it will look the mutts nuts. It will certainly be a statement. It will definitely require Forged pistons which we now have and engine management (at the moment and I believe for sometime will be the Powercommander). I think we can make this power without the water/methanol injection and none intercooled. With more power if w/m is fitted. There is no room for a meaningful intercooler.
I'm testing the cams tomorrow and if all runs well I will be stripping the engine and rebuilding Monday/Tuesday fitting the forged pistons and the prototype supercharger conversion at the same time. I will decide if I keep the cams in depending on results tomorrow. I need to have it set up by Friday as Saturday 11th July is the only open track day anywhere in the country until October, if I miss this I will get no 1/4 mile times for months ( I need to destress and have some fun :) ).
This is a MANS conversion and with pistons, possibly cams, and engine management isn't going to be cheap but it is going to be an awesome machine that you will enjoy immensely. Please PM me to discuss further. Thanks guys, remember you only live once.

Im interested, what would be the costs for a complete kit, Richard?

Im interested, what would be the costs for a complete kit, Richard?
Its still early days. It looks like Tuneecu may give us a better solution on engine management in the not to distant future. That would cut costs. The engine needs forged pistons (which I have) and fitting more suitable cams (which I have) gives us more power without increasing boost pressure. So there's a top end engine build involved. Due to a combination of Covid initially costing us a lot of time then a rebound of business that's got to come first to fund the r3 development we are about 6 month behind. But we are now designing the production kit and it will be special. We are also looking at the exhaust system. The Triumph headers are a beautiful design but the outlet is only 44mm diameter. I know from our exhaust changes to the old rocket and supercharging that there are huge gains by reducing back pressure, not only that it gives the engine an easier time, cylinder heads run cooler and we can get even more power while actually reducing engine stress. We are not running an intercooler, because a meaningful size intercooler would be unsightly, so we are trialing water and water methanol injection. I've used this for many years and it yields good gains and can compensate for poor quality fuel. There is room for a large tank to replace the cat behind the engine as long as you replace the stock tail pipes (which many are doing and after market cans are coming on the market). Of course a good combination of exhaust and cam's may yield more than enough power (is that possible :)) without the need for w/m. I've run 280 whp without and 305 with but I have some new cams coming that will give me more than the 20 hp/30 ft'lb of torque the first cams gave (normally asp.) We are working in many directions to get what I would like to say is an uncompromised package. With everything complimenting one another I hope we can give an awesome package with great reliability. I think this is one bike that deserves the effort and costs after all nothing else out there compares :). So back to the question of price! Forged pistons, cams, supercharger kit, engine management exhaust, ? We sell a supercharger kit for the New Milwaukee eight Harleys, it take power from 76 to 210 whp. It will never be a R3 :') but to get this power requires similar parts, you will spend £10k to get there. It takes your 1/4 mile time down from 13.6 to 9.6 sec and adds 50 mph. Big money but big gains. I would see the R3 total conversion in the same ball park. I have obviously had many discussions already with interested owners and most are still up for it. HEY you only live once.

I just posted a video of prototype, then read/found this whole thread... interested in final product! 👍🏻

Its still early days. It looks like Tuneecu may give us a better solution on engine management in the not to distant future. That would cut costs. The engine needs forged pistons (which I have) and fitting more suitable cams (which I have) gives us more power without increasing boost pressure. So there's a top end engine build involved. Due to a combination of Covid initially costing us a lot of time then a rebound of business that's got to come first to fund the r3 development we are about 6 month behind. But we are now designing the production kit and it will be special. We are also looking at the exhaust system. The Triumph headers are a beautiful design but the outlet is only 44mm diameter. I know from our exhaust changes to the old rocket and supercharging that there are huge gains by reducing back pressure, not only that it gives the engine an easier time, cylinder heads run cooler and we can get even more power while actually reducing engine stress. We are not running an intercooler, because a meaningful size intercooler would be unsightly, so we are trialing water and water methanol injection. I've used this for many years and it yields good gains and can compensate for poor quality fuel. There is room for a large tank to replace the cat behind the engine as long as you replace the stock tail pipes (which many are doing and after market cans are coming on the market). Of course a good combination of exhaust and cam's may yield more than enough power (is that possible :)) without the need for w/m. I've run 280 whp without and 305 with but I have some new cams coming that will give me more than the 20 hp/30 ft'lb of torque the first cams gave (normally asp.) We are working in many directions to get what I would like to say is an uncompromised package. With everything complimenting one another I hope we can give an awesome package with great reliability. I think this is one bike that deserves the effort and costs after all nothing else out there compares :). So back to the question of price! Forged pistons, cams, supercharger kit, engine management exhaust, ? We sell a supercharger kit for the New Milwaukee eight Harleys, it take power from 76 to 210 whp. It will never be a R3 :') but to get this power requires similar parts, you will spend £10k to get there. It takes your 1/4 mile time down from 13.6 to 9.6 sec and adds 50 mph. Big money but big gains. I would see the R3 total conversion in the same ball park. I have obviously had many discussions already with interested owners and most are still up for it. HEY you only live once.
Thank you for this reply Richard. Comparing it to the SC kit you guys developed for the previous serie Rockets, the costs did increase, but that kit did not include new cams and forged pistons, nor w/m injection I believe. Will you also do an NA upgrade to a stock 2020 Rocket TFC, im thinking removing the cat but keeping the original exhaust, open air filter, new cams, forged pistons, and adjusting everything for maximum output with PC5/Tuneecu in a ride in, ride out sort of deal? All these upgrades will also lay the foundation for a SC down the line I imagine. Cutting the costs in 2 and getting some time to get used to the increase of power seems like a good idea... Id love to ride up to Silverstone and visit your company for such an upgrade on my bike.

Back