Thank you for this reply Richard. Comparing it to the SC kit you guys developed for the previous serie Rockets, the costs did increase, but that kit did not include new cams and forged pistons, nor w/m injection I believe. Will you also do an NA upgrade to a stock 2020 Rocket TFC, im thinking removing the cat but keeping the original exhaust, open air filter, new cams, forged pistons, and adjusting everything for maximum output with PC5/Tuneecu in a ride in, ride out sort of deal? All these upgrades will also lay the foundation for a SC down the line I imagine. Cutting the costs in 2 and getting some time to get used to the increase of power seems like a good idea... Id love to ride up to Silverstone and visit your company for such an upgrade on my bike.
From what I have discovered so far. If I tune NA the exhaust would need replacing for much bigger bore. The std air intake is extremely well designed and gives a lot of bottom and midrange grunt. Don't fit airfilters straight onto the throttle bodies you will lose a lot of drive. Combine that with wilder cams and you will lose even more. The throttlebodies are smaller bore than the old bike?? Bu a good combination is still possible provided we get full ecu control. Bob Carpenter did a great job with the old R3 but had to raise the rev limit to 9000rpm to achieve the power goals. My supercharger gave more torque and power without touching the engine, if you went into the engine as well it was down to mechanical strength being the limiting factor to how much power you could achieve. I have tuned the old r3 with supercharger, cams and exhaust and pistons to 380whp but if it was used hard it wouldn't last long. The new engine I think is structurally more sound, but lots of parts are lighter weight so for sure parts will break if you went the same route.
My goal is to change parts to make power efficiently and reliably . the right cams and exhaust will mean better power characteristics without to much boost. To enhance everything that Triumph have produced. So to answer your question, fitting cams and exhaust will give you great gains, certainly pushing 200+hp. Pistons for forced induction are lower compression, NA would be higher compression. So if your final goal is supercharged power, leave them until your ready. Certainly you can make a start. :)

From what I have discovered so far. If I tune NA the exhaust would need replacing for much bigger bore. The std air intake is extremely well designed and gives a lot of bottom and midrange grunt. Don't fit airfilters straight onto the throttle bodies you will lose a lot of drive. Combine that with wilder cams and you will lose even more. The throttlebodies are smaller bore than the old bike?? Bu a good combination is still possible provided we get full ecu control. Bob Carpenter did a great job with the old R3 but had to raise the rev limit to 9000rpm to achieve the power goals. My supercharger gave more torque and power without touching the engine, if you went into the engine as well it was down to mechanical strength being the limiting factor to how much power you could achieve. I have tuned the old r3 with supercharger, cams and exhaust and pistons to 380whp but if it was used hard it wouldn't last long. The new engine I think is structurally more sound, but lots of parts are lighter weight so for sure parts will break if you went the same route.
My goal is to change parts to make power efficiently and reliably . the right cams and exhaust will mean better power characteristics without to much boost. To enhance everything that Triumph have produced. So to answer your question, fitting cams and exhaust will give you great gains, certainly pushing 200+hp. Pistons for forced induction are lower compression, NA would be higher compression. So if your final goal is supercharged power, leave them until your ready. Certainly you can make a start. :)
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I will follow your advice in the route i'll take, modifying my Rocket TFC. First step, cams and exhaust. Looking forward to see and hear more of your project!

Well it's been nearly a year. What a year. We are still here, TTS is still firing on all three :). The Rocket supercharger kit has had to take a back seat while we tried to stay on top of current production orders. But we are now machining parts. Here's a snippet. this is the first belt guard/clutch slave cylinder support part off the CNC machine. We have whittled the weight down to just 1 Kg (2.2lb).

Attachments

• IMG_5324.JPG
    IMG_5324.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5323.JPG
    IMG_5323.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5322.JPG
    IMG_5322.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5321.JPG
    IMG_5321.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 127
Well it's been nearly a year. What a year. We are still here, TTS is still firing on all three :). The Rocket supercharger kit has had to take a back seat while we tried to stay on top of current production orders. But we are now machining parts. Here's a snippet. this is the first belt guard/clutch slave cylinder support part off the CNC machine. We have whittled the weight down to just 1 Kg (2.2lb).
That's a work of art, it should be hanging in a gallery!

That looks like a lot of surfacing. I'm guessing cycle time isn't exactly short. Sure looks pretty though.

So some serious 5 axis machining and a couple of expensive scrapped billets. 19 hours machining goes to produce the main supercharger bracket out of 72kg (150Lb) of 6082 alloy. Here's a few pictures of the bracket on my bike with the belt guard in front. We are now onto the rear of the plenum chamber and hope to have front and rear made by the end of next week. I will do a video of how the whole kit goes together and what every part does and the reasons for the design details sometime in the future.

Attachments

• r31.jpg
    r31.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 111
  • r32.jpg
    r32.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 114
  • r33.jpg
    r33.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 113
So some serious 5 axis machining and a couple of expensive scrapped billets. 19 hours machining goes to produce the main supercharger bracket out of 72kg (150Lb) of 6082 alloy. Here's a few pictures of the bracket on my bike with the belt guard in front. We are now onto the rear of the plenum chamber and hope to have front and rear made by the end of next week. I will do a video of how the whole kit goes together and what every part does and the reasons for the design details sometime in the future.
Beautiful work Richard.

Back