TTS Supercharger vs. Carpenter Head Rework?

Wow! Great responses. I hadn't considered a few of these things. Also didn't realize their were a couple of "characters" out there with both kits on their bikes? Really? :eek:That's pretty nuts!

One more question. I'm considering buying a complete, running, low mileage engine and taking it completely apart and reworking it as a winter project. I realize from this forum that there are some subtle differences internally and some updates, but are all of the blocks identical externally? I have a 2013 Roadster. So, would a 2005 block fit my frame and foot rails/ABS etc.?

Thanks

Again warp9.9 can school you on the engine updates/changes over the years - he loves it lol.

Your roadster would look funny/unique with a silver engine in it though.

Re a play engine, i did that too, bought a spare engine a few years ago, and took the head off that to send to Carpenters.
My bike was my only wheels at the time so couldn't afford to have the bike apart for several weeks.
So my 2010 Roadster black engine has a black 08 cylinder head in it.

Also re foot rails etc, I can say that foot rails from a 06 (iirc) fit my Roadster engine no probs so should be no issue vice versa.

@warp9.9 - to summon him:)
It's all where and how you want to make your power. TTS requires drilling the crankshaft nose, but the kit includes a fixture for it. Carp obviously requires engine work.

Both need custom tunes both can make similar power without doing the pistons. Both can be daily ridden afterwards. Both are expensive.

I chose Carp because I like the revised head and valve train, shim under bucket makes so much more sense than over.

I also don't the Supercharger hanging way out there, just makes me nervous.

Keep in mind CES pipes won't work with the TTS kit.
IT depends how fast do you want to go the
It's all where and how you want to make your power. TTS requires drilling the crankshaft nose, but the kit includes a fixture for it. Carp obviously requires engine work.

Both need custom tunes both can make similar power without doing the pistons. Both can be daily ridden afterwards. Both are expensive.

I chose Carp because I like the revised head and valve train, shim under bucket makes so much more sense than over.

I also don't the Supercharger hanging way out there, just makes me nervous.

Keep in mind CES pipes won't work with the TTS kit.
THE CARPENTER mods will give you the best performance over the Supercharger
Yep. If the time ever came I would probably do a custom build.
CARPENTER has a TURBO system that we are testing now Ill post some results soon

Boostisgood.com [this site redirects to Billet Charger |] has a turbo kit too. It's 224 hp, doesn't raise the rpm limit, but makes a bunch of low end torque. Should be serious fun in town.

Last edited by a moderator:
"THE CARPENTER mods . . ." BIAS ALERT
NOT BIAS
"THE CARPENTER mods . . ." BIAS ALERT
NOT BIAS just facts CARP can make 265 HP with just engine mods The SUPERCHARGER only cant match that and requires additional engine mods SO you can do both and CARPENTER has done that for customers that want more than 265 HP but that doubles the price SO the TURBO can be used on a stock engine or with a prepared modded TURBO spec engine for max HP

Last edited:
NOT BIAS

NOT BIAS just facts CARP can make 265 HP with just engine mods The SUPERCHARGER only cant match that and requires additional engine mods SO you can do both and CARPENTER has done that for customers that want more than 265 HP but that doubles the price SO the TURBO can be used on a stock engine or wqith a prepared modded TURBO spec engine for max HP

Excites to see what they come up with.
Do you kkiw if it will work with the carp sidewinder exhaust? Fit being the likely problem.

Back