Trying to ID Plastic Part on Fork Damper Rod

Jay

E pluribus unum
Ride
2023 Rocket 3 GT (Ego), 2021 Zero SR/S (Earth)
I am changing the fork oil in my 2013 R3T and decided to dismantle them to inspect the fork innards. Unfortunately I broke the little black ring on the damper rod in one of the forks. I am assuming this part aids guiding the damper rod and affecting the fluid flow by the way it is shaped. I don’t see this piece seperated out in the exploded diagram on Hermey’s catalog. It seems the damper rod comes with a spring and the plastic as one unit. I don’t want to buy the whole rod, so looking for advice. On possible part number or where to get one.

As it is, I shattered the plastic, so gluing it together isn’t an option.

I am changing the fork oil in my 2013 R3T and decided to dismantle them to inspect the fork innards. Unfortunately I broke the little black ring on the damper rod in one of the forks. I am assuming this part aids guiding the damper rod and affecting the fluid flow by the way it is shaped. I don’t see this piece seperated out in the exploded diagram on Hermey’s catalog. It seems the damper rod comes with a spring and the plastic as one unit. I don’t want to buy the whole rod, so looking for advice. On possible part number or where to get one.

As it is, I shattered the plastic, so gluing it together isn’t an option.

I missed this thread and i bet you will get some attention with a few posts.
Did you manage to get the part?
I will check my pictures of my 07.

I decided to just buy a salvaged fork tube from Pinwall. Gets delivered tomorrow.

The closest I found to finding the plastic ring is with a complete damper tub kit for a Polaris Victory motorcycle. I don’t know which of the Victory line used the same damper tube, but the kit had the tube, plastic ring bushing, lower plastic tube that holds damper in place on the inner fork tube, damper spring, cap bolt, and sealing washer. All for $95 plus shipping. I bought a damaged R3T fork for $49 shipped and believe the innards should be good. The plastic bushing shouldn’t be a high wear part, so we will see. I will also be more careful when knocking the damper tube off the sharpened broom handle during disassembly.

Back